22

I stay close.

Still not in sight, but close enough to know what is going down.

"Alright knock it off, you and Glenn start heading up the right flank. Me and Shane'll take the left." I hear Rick from the distance. A few yards maybe.

"Remember, Randall's not the only threat out there. Keep an eye out for each other."

Footprints disperse further into the woods as they break off in two groups. First I've got to let Daryl know I'm okay and then I will get the lead on Rick. Shane isn't going to be taking another life tonight.

The daylight is slipping away from us so whatever happens, it needs to happen fast. Rick was right about keep our eyes open. Too many things can go wrong too quickly.

I have to wait a few minutes before approaching Daryl and Glenn. If I do now Shane could hear us and possibly come back to face me. Minutes pass of silent walking and Daryl tries to concentrate tracking Randall.

Daryl stops walking and sighs. "This is pointless. You got a light?"

I stop my movements behind a nearby tree again. Glenn gives Daryl his flashlight to help him out. Daryl uses it to check the ground for any leads and I tip toe around them. I can't lose them now. Just when I thought I had everything under control, I step on a small twig breaking it in half. Daryl and Glenn snap their heads toward the sound and I duck down. We have to get further out.

Daryl whistles and I mentally slap myself. He thinks I'm a walker and he's going to shoot at me if I don't expose myself. I take a small step out into the open. Daryl doesn't hesitate to shoot an arrow at my head, lucky for me I was paying close attention and ducked in time. The arrow flies over my head, hitting the tree behind me.

"What the hell!" I whisper shout at him. Once he realizes it's me he sighs letting his body relax.

"Good god Killian-"

I place my finger over my mouth telling him to keep his voice down. Daryl and Glenn come closer to me so we can talk without having to use our full voices, furrowing their brows in pure confusion. 

"You ok?" Daryl throws his crossbow over his shoulder. He uses both hands to check my head for any cuts or marks. "That son of a bitch hurt you?"

"No Daryl." I laugh silently at him. He takes my light mood as reassurance, letting go of me.

"You have listen to me." The smile drops from my face. They both nod their heads and lean in closer. "Shane brought Randall out here. I watched him. He broke into the barn and I followed him like Rick told me to. He snapped Randall's neck right in front of me and he knows I saw it. I think he's coming after me next."

Neither one of them looks surprised.

"That prick." Daryl growls.

"I don't think you have to worry about Shane. He's out with Rick right now" Glenn looks at us nervously. "And if he isn't looking for Randall..."

"I know" I stop him. We all look between the three us of trying to think of a solution. If we don't approach this carefully I don't know what could happen. "You have a gun?"

Glenn nods, handing me a clock out of his pocket.

"You both need to get back to the house and warn the others. I'm going to follow them to make sure nothing happens to Rick." I tell them.

I take the cylinder out, counting a full load of bullets and click it back in place. I cock it so it will be ready just incase I have to use it.

"I'll go with you." Daryl tries telling me.