32

"I'm sorry I told them about the prison" Maggie sobs, breaking our silence. "They were going to kill one of us and I was scared. I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay" Glenn attempts to soothe her cries. "She's been through a lot, she won't talk to us now. Give her time." He says, thinking I can't hear him .

It's not okay. We're all dead. It's not her fault and I'm not blaming her, this is just not okay. 

It's been hours since we were left alone. We are dehydrated, exhausted, starved, and my energy was giving out. My head has been still in my arms since I was thrown in here, trying to somehow get some rest. If they come back for round two I'm going to need it. It's vacuous for me to think I could sleep when I don't even know where we are. I haven't calmed down enough to stop shaking and the pain was more excruciating than before. I can't move, hell I am barely breathing.

"Maggie, did he-"

"No." I hear them talking from across the room. "He barely touched me."

"All this time running from walkers, you forget what people do" She says quietly. "What they've always done."

"Look at what they did to you."

"Doesn't matter" He sighs. "As long as he didn't-"

"No. I promise." She starts crying again.

"I've never seen her like this, Glenn" She tries to whisper. "What do we do?"

"There's nothing we can do."

Time doesn't fix everything. I don't need time, I need to be able to rewind to this morning when I agreed to go on a run, when I brought Glenn and Maggie into town.

Glenn stands up and hobbles around the room. The sound of his grunts and bones breaking makes me curious enough to lean my head back far enough to see what he is doing. One of the arms off of the walker in the floor was detached from the rest of its body. Glenn had tore the skin and removed the broken fragments of the humerus, handing one to Maggie and keeping the other to himself.

He looks away from Maggie, noticing me watching him.

"It's okay Killian. Maggie and I are going to keep us safe." He nods his head slowly, probably from the soreness.

Another tear had ran down my cheek. I position myself back to my previous stance, burying my head in my arms. I wish I could stand up and grab that bone out of their hands, promising them I would protect them but I couldn't. I can't even protect myself.

I notice Maggie and Glenn have been silent for a while now. I start to worry because they have been talking more the past hour or so, meaning something was happening I wasn't aware of yet. I adjust my arms so I can peek in between them. Maggie and Glenn stand right in front of the door. They aren't pacing nervously, hugging, making conversation, they are waiting.

The door was pulled open by someone I haven't seen before and Merle behind him. Glenn and Maggie run at them in full force, pushing them back away from the room.

Maggie jams the piece of bone into the guys neck and he bleeds out on the floor. Glenn wrestles around with Merle when the guys fall causing his machine gun to shoot various amounts of bullets around the hallway. Everyone sucks to the floor until Merle reaches for his gun and forces himself over Glenn's body. Glenn knocks the gun away from him and Merle switches out his knife on his metal confinement. Maggie rustles around for the gun the belonged to the man she killed, lifting it to Merle's screwed up head.