Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

Rose’s POV:

I walked through the wood, hands in pockets, head down, and hood up, alone again. I needed to see him. I called him Charles.

The blue, blue eyes of my forever lover

It was too real. Way too real. It shouldn’t be true. I strolled till I found a park. It was the old town’s park. It had the plain style; freshly cut grass, maple, blossom, pine, oak, and other types of trees. There was also a fishing lake and your average park fountain. Ours was a blue-ish colour, marble, four medium columns with a proud, blue peacock on top with its tail feathers spread in display mode. It was 3.30pm and some people were starting to leave the park. I got hungry and decided to get food, and new clothes. I flinted to the crowded area of the streets and grabbed a girl my form of age, brought her to the wood and did my business. After I now wore a red and navy shirt over a plain navy top, shorts and black tights under. The girl I chose wore boots but I preferred the runners. The thing I found most shocking was that she was wearing tights under denim fabric shorts. I thought it must be a new thing.

Going back to the park through the wood I spotted Charlie’s girlfriend. My eye twitched and I rolled my shoulders. I followed her in and sat beside her on the park bench acting like a normal stranger. I straightened myself up to see her devise. The screen said

Charlie: I’ll be there.

I looked up and the girl and she looked at me too smiling.  She had no clue.

‘I’m meeting someone’ she said straight and forward.

‘I…am too’ I answered awkwardly.

She shot out her hand for a greeting ‘Hi’ she greeted, ‘I’m Andy. You?’ 

I paused and she raised her eye brows. She was very friendly. I shook her hand and replied with a fake name.

‘Hello Andy, I’m Joy. I’m new around here.

‘Oh cool! How long are you here for?’

‘I’m not sure. I’m just passing by but I thought this place was nice and decided, maybe, to stay for a while.’

‘That’s nice. Not many people like it here. ‘Cus of the oldness I suppose. Glad you like it here.’

‘No problem’ I smiled.

She then suddenly frequently blinked and her eyes widened. She may have copped on. I remembered hearing Charles explain my appearance to her.

‘I’m sorry.’ I asked trying to sound like I didn’t know what was going on with her. ‘Is everything ok? You seemed startled by something.’

‘No, no it’s nothing’ she sounded in panic. ‘I‘m fine thanks but I must go. Bye!’ She quickly got up taking her book and bag and jogged off. She obviously knew. I decided to follow her. She may be going to see Charles.

I followed her to a little wooden plank which stretched out a bit over the lake under a quite lovely and romantic willow tree. Charles then arrived from around some trees. I listened in on their conversation.