Chapter Fifteen: The Final Chapter

The day of the prom arrived and Rebecca was completely out of my mind. Me and most of the other prom goers got to leave school early with a permission slip with from their parents. When I got home took a nap. When I woke up I took a shower and combed my hair over like a doofus and put on my orange tux. The doorbell rings and its Sean and Shawn.

"Hey guys where are your dates?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter." Sean said.

"Yeah you're our date tonight." Shawn said.

We laugh and walk to the limo and when we get in I was greeted by Sean and Shawn and Jerry and their dates, Ranji, his girlfriend, Tracey and her boyfriend and...a girl with brown hair looking down at the ground.

"Well guys, who is this? I didn't know you were bringing someone else." I said.

"Her name is Becca." Tracey said.

"But people call me Rebecca." she said while looking up at me.

I still don't remember what happened in the five minutes that occured after that. They said I just had a smile on my face that went from ear to ear.

"Hi John." Rebecca said. "You really think I'd miss the prom?"

"Rebecca I'm so happy to see you."

We all start to talk and everyone introduced me to their dates. We were pulling up to the school when a car crashes into the limo causing it to flip over. I look around all dazed and confused and see that everyone seemed to be alive.

"Is everyone alright?" I asked.

Everyone answered yes and I was about to ask another question when Ranji's girlfriend screamed. I look up and we see people walk over to the limo. They opened the door and took Rebecca. I started to yell when one of them hit me in the head, knocking me out.

I wake up when water splashed on my face. I look up and Connie Regan was kneeling right in front of me. I look around and I see everyone all tied up still unconscious.

"Hey John, how ya feeling?"

"You couldn't let it go could you." I said. "Damn it Connie, hell you got everybody in this town to treat me like shit, stalked me and threw a brick through my window. But I guess that wasn't enough."

"It would have been but I saw a familiar face show up in town." She replied.

She had about ten people( boys and girls ) with them and her boyfriend Harold Judge handed her a gun. As she was talking to Harold I looked to see where we were realizing we were at the scenic overlook with a steep cliff that lead down a fifty foot drop into the deep waters of the Riverland lake. Everyone came to and that's when Connie fully lost it.

"Right here is the Connie Regan show. Anything I say goes, got it! If you follow these rules you'd probably get out of here alive." she said. "No interrupting m-"

"What's going on? Where are we?" Sean's date yelled.

Connie shot her in the head killing her instantly. "I'm not fucking around!" she yelled.

She lost it. I looked over at Sean's dead date which I later found out her name was Ashley Hagman. Her blood glistening in the moonlight as it started to rain.

"Why did you kill Brady?" Connie asked Rebecca.

"Because he figured out my secret but mostly because he was douchebag." she said.

Connie hit her in the face with the gun. Rebecca spit blood at Connie's feet.

"You should really be nice to a person who's holding you at gunpoint." Connie said.

"You want to know what Brady did that made me enjoy killing him?" Rebecca smiled with blood dripping from her mouth.

"You better shut the fuck up." Connie said tears forming in her eyes.

"He said he'd keep my secret if I had sex with him...and..."

Connie pointed the gun at Rebecca's head when Rebecca broke free and tackled Connie. While the two were fighting Sean broke free and freed the rest of us. I told Tracey and the other girls to run. Me and the guys were fighting Connie's goons when we heard gun shots in the air and Connie's friends either falling to the ground or running away. I look behind me to see Rebecca holding the gun. She was about to say something when Connie punched her in the face.

Rebecca fell off of her and Connie ran. Rebecca pointed the gun at Connie but I yelled.

"Rebecca don't! Please. Becky Larson is dead, Rebecca is here now, right here in this moment. Ignore your parents...this is your life!"

Rebecca dropped the gun when we saw headlights approaching from behind. I look behind me and see it was Connie driving the car. I dove out of the way but Rebecca wasn't so fortunate with Connie hitting Rebecca and driving off the cliff. I hit my head when I dove out of the way and the last thing I saw before the lights went out were the colors of the police and ambulance sirens approaching from a distance.