Chapter 2 : Cafe boss

Hayeon's POV

"Ughhh.." the alarm clock kept on ringing for the past 5 minutes. I am too lazy to shut it off. "Ring!!" Out of the blue , my phone ringtone went off. Should I pick up? Nah.. But wait what if is important call? Ugh.. I shall pick it up. With my eyes half open , I reluctantly got up and grabbed my phone to pick up the call.

"Kim Hayeon? You're finally awake sleepy head!" My eyes instantly widen to my dad's stunned voice. "Dad! I am so sorry! Did I overslept again?! I will make my way to the office now!" I hurriedly got off from the bed. "Hayeon.. look at the time now it is 12.00 pm" I was thunderstruck at his statement. "What?! Already!" my dad softly sighs through the phone. "I will give you a day off today there's no use if you come to the office in the middle of the day Kim Hayeon this your last chance okay?" I sigh with ease. "Thank you dad! I love you!" he chuckles "I love you too!" He then hung up the phone.

"Yes a day off!" I hop back on to my comfy bed and cuddle my beloved bedsheet. My dad owns a company and I went to help him ever since I graduated from college. It's a family business because it was passed down from my grandfather after he passed away. So you could say I came from a wealthy family? But I like to be independent. I don't like to live off my parent's money so I work and save the money to buy this apartment by myself. My parents says it's too small but to me it's just right and not trying to be corky here but I am proud of myself.

Hmm.. What should I do for the rest of the day? Ah I know! Go to the nearest cafe to grab my morning coffee! Oops I meant afternoon coffee? So I went to prepare myself and head my way to the cafe.

At the cafe

After I arrived , I went inside. As soon as I got in , I could smell the strong aroma of the coffee beans. It's so relaxing.. I scan through the shop and luckily it's not so crowded today. I went to the counter to order my iced coffee "Welcome to the Coffee bean house! What will you like to order?" the staff at the opposite of the counter greeted me with a warm smile. "One iced coffee please" I smile back at the staff.

"Sure! That will be 3 dollars and Please take a seat we will serve that iced coffee to you!" I nod and took my purse out from my bag. I was about to pay for the iced coffee till somebody lightly tap on my shoulder. "Ji hoon?" I turn around with a surprise look. "Hello boss! You are back!" the staff greeted him. Wait what he is the boss of this cafe. "It's been a while Hayeon it's great to see you again!" he smiled at me brightly. "Yeah! Great to see you too! I didn't know you are the boss of this cafe" he slightly chuckled. "I don't come here often so that's probably that's why" I nod to his response.

"This will be my treat" I instantly decline his offer. "N...no It's okay Ji hoon I can pay for it" he shook his head. "Just let me treat you for once okay?" I couldn't say anything so I nod my head in defeat. He kindly led me to a table for two and pull out the chair for me to sit down. I thanked him and sat down. He then went to sit down at the opposite side of the table.
While he was settling down , I stare at him for awhile. He is actually very handsome. His features suits his face so well.. His hair look like it's has been style by a professional hairstylist. I am shook on how perfect his looks.. Ugh.. I must be crazy!

"Hayeon? Hayeon?" Ji hoon snap his fingers to grab my attention. "Huh?" finally I was snapped back to reality , after admiring his features like a creep. He laughed "I know that I am very handsome but you didn't need to stare at me like that". My face turned red on the instant. "S...sorry didn't meant to be a creep" He smiled and pinch my cheeks. "You're so cute when you are embarrass" I glared at him. "I am not a kid!" He giggle. "but you are to me!" I scoff and was about to roast him but the staff came to serve our coffee.

"You are lucky the staff came in at the right time if not-" He cuts me of with a smirk. "If not what? What you gonna do?" My eyes widen and my heart beat starts to quicken. He had totally a drastic change with his character didn't he? From innocent to playful looking? Now I get why people say not to judge a book by it's cover. "N-nothing.." I mumbled slightly looking down to hide my tomato face. He chuckles. "Hayeon" I looked up at him nervously. "Let's go on a date"

-To be continued