Chapter 4 : Confession

Hayeon's POV

Ugh.. It's been a tiring week. The company had been chaotic. My phone has been ringing none stop because so many companies wants to work with us. I throw my head back on the head rest and close my eyes.

"Finally lunch time" I mumbled.

I sat back from my chair and was about to reach out for my wallet till I heard a knock from the door. "Come in" I replied and the door opened.

"Hayeon?" He smiles at me. While the "he" is referring to my assistant , Jack , or my best friend since high school. "You're never late for lunch" I laugh as I went back to grab my purse.

"Of course! I am starving" He said. I got up from my seat and walk towards him. "Alright let's go you pig!" I said as I walk past him. "I am not a pig!" He glared and went after me.

We head towards the carpark and hop into his car. "So where do you want to eat?" Jack asked me as he starts the car's engine. "Hmm.. Let's go to my favourite cafe" I said as I buckle up my seat belt. He nods and drove off.

At the cafe

After a short drive , we arrived at the cafe. You guess it? Haha it's Ji Hoon's Cafe but I bet his not in as he should be busy with paragliding.

Ugh.. The thought of Ji Hoon , it just makes me blush.  He is possibly on my mind 24/7. The kiss on the forehead. What's that supposed to mean? He just left me speechless that night. Is it sign that he likes me? I really don't know.

"Hayeon?" Jack slightly tapped on my hand. "Huh?" I realise I was staring into space. "Are you okay? Your face is red?" He asks me suspiciously. "Yea..Yeah! I am fine" I stutter as I quickly unbuckle my seat belt. Stupid thoughts.. "Okay.. If you say so let's go" He unbuckles seat belt and we both got off the car.

-------------------------------------------------

As we both step in the cafe , I breathe in the coffee aroma. It was just so much soothing.. better than those paperwork.

"Hello Miss Kim" The staff greeted me.

"Hi? How do you kn-" She cuts me off

"Boss told us to greet you if you ever come to the cafe" She smiles at me.

I slightly nod with confusion. "Wow the boss must really favour you" Jack said behind my back causing me to flinch.

"Since when you were behind me?" He chukles.

"Since we step into the cafe dumb dumb" He slightly pinch my nose.

"Hey stop that!" I glare at him.

"Okay okay now move aside I am starving" He said as he slightly push me to the side and went to look at the menu. I giggle at him and went forward to see the menu. After we order our food , we went to have a seat. As we waited , I look outside the window and was immerse at the beautiful sky outside.

"You look different today?" Jack says as he stares at me. I turn back and look at him.

"Really? Do I look more prettier today?" I smile as I cup both of my cheeks.

"No You look more messier today" He said with a blank face. I frown at him.

"Thanks for making my day better" I scoff at him. He chuckles.

"Okay I am joking. You look pretty today okay?" He ruffles my hair. "Well thank you" I smile at him.

"Your food is here" The waiter says. Jack happily grabs his fork and spoon. I look up and was about to thank the waiter till I realise who was serving us.

"Ji Hoon?" He smile at me but I can tell there is something off. He seems slightly annoy.

"Enjoy your food" He fake smile again and left the table. Did he just ignore me? What's wrong with him? Did I do something wrong?

"You know him?" Jack question me. I look back at him and laugh as his mouth was fill with food. Hais.. Still eating in a mess since high school.

"You are a grown man now you know?" He stares at me innocently. "Come on don't play that puppy eyes trick on me cause it ain't working" I tsk him as I pass the wipes to him. "Thank you" He grins at me and continue eating.

As we continue eating and chatting , I can sense someone staring at us. I glance over the counter and saw Ji Hoon glaring at Jake. Oh for heaven's sake.. What kind of drama is this?

After we finished , we got up and were about to leave the cafe. I didn't bother talking to him because of his weird behavior.

Out of nowhere , someone yanks from behind. It was him.

-----------------------------------------

"Ji Hoon!" he pulls me into the staff's room without saying anything. He let's go of my hand and turns around to lock the door and switch on the lights.

"Ji Hoon may you explain what's going on?" I said with annoyance. I slightly flinch as he turns around and gave me a cold stare. This isn't him.. What did I even do? "Ji hoon tell me please? Why are you acting like this out of a sudden?" I stare at his cold gaze. It's starts to scare me a little.

Unexpectedly his eyes softens and pulls me into embrace. I was stunned by his sudden action. "What are you-" he cuts me off.

"I'm so..sorry I don't know why am I acting like this.. Is just that I feel annoyed when he is with you" he confessed as he rest his head on my shoulder. "You meant Jake? He is just my best friend and why would you feel annoyed?" I asked in confusion. He breaks off the hug and made me face him.

"Cause.. I' he suddenly stops. "I?" I frown at him. He tries to speak again but nothing came out from him. He looks anxious. "Ji hoon what do want to say? Tell me" Well sorry I not that kind of person that can wait. I am getting impatient.

"Okay fine I like you!" he finally spoke up. I was in disbelief. "I know you don't like me It's okay.. I will respect your decis-" I tiptoe and gave a peck on his cheeks. My gosh that look on his face was priceless. "I like you too silly" I slightly laugh at him but I felt flushed at what I have just said. "Really Hayeon?" he said excitedly. "Mhm.. " I flash a shy smile. He is such a kid.

"Well it's time for you punishment isn't?" He smirks out of a sudden. The sudden change of atmosphere makes my heart races with my brain not processing the information. He slowly moves forward as I cluelessly step back till I hit against the wall. He holds my cheeks and slowly leans towards my face. The lights suddenly went off.

And he just went in for my lips.

-TO BE CONTINUED