two

coraline

On the way home I couldn't stop looking at the phone laying on the passenger seat next to me. There was just something intriguing about the guy, Mark. Something about his rough exterior and attitude made me want to ask him why he got so mad.

I tried to catch up to the guy but the car sped away far too quickly for me to catch up.

I parked my car in my apartment's parking lot and made my way upstairs to my shared apartment with my roommate, Maggie.

"Maggie! I'm home!" I called out into the living room as I removed my coat and beanie and threw them on the couch.

"Oh my god, Cora! Cora!" I heard a loud squeal from the kitchen, followed by a cheery Maggie running towards me.

"What, What, What?" I giggled.

"Guess who's in town as of today!"

"Uh...I don't know, who?" I shrugged, not really caring much as I turned on the television lazily.

"Harry Styles!" She screamed, a little too loudly may I add.

"Who?"

"Cora! I talk about him all the time! Harry Styles?" She sighed, rolling her eyes.

"You do know that saying his name over and over again won't help me remember right?" I laughed.

"Here." She laughed as she shoved her phone in front of the television screen, blocking my view, forcing me to look at the picture. I looked at the picture to see a very attractive guy in his most likely early twenties, and for some reason, they seem extremely familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it just yet.

"Wait!" I gasped as I realized the person in the picture Maggie was holding was the same person from the coffee shop incident!

"I know this dude!"

"Cora, how would you know Harry Styles? Please." She laughed as she shook her head lightly in denial.

"No, no, I met him today! Here look, he left his phone behind."

"That's not Harry's pho-", She stopped mid-sentence when taking a look at the lock screen.

"No way! No, you're lying!" She gasped as she jumped up and down with the phone in her hand.

"Wait...It could just be a fan's phone with Harry as her screensaver?"  She asked.

"No, Maggie. I met him. I actually had an incident with him."

"What! Tell me everything now!" I laughed loudly at her intense happiness all of a sudden and told her everything that happened, from the bodyguards, the coffee spill, and the phone falling.

"Wow, what a jerk..." She pouted slightly.

"Yeah, but maybe he was just having an off day, you know?" I didn't want to be so quick to judge the guy, after all, I did spill burning hot cocoa over his expensive sweater... I guess I would be pretty upset too, but he took it a bit extreme.

"Why don't we try contacting him? So he could get his phone back?" Maggie wondered out loud.

"How would we do that? I already checked the phone and it has a pass-lock on."

"Do we just wait for them to call or text then?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess. That could take a while so let's go to bed? I'm extremely tired." I said standing up from the couch.

"Yeah, same." We both laughed at her attempt to speak through a yawn.

We parted ways into our separate bedrooms and soon the entire apartment was quiet, the only noise being heard was from the air conditioning.

I slipped into bed, under my fluffy duvet filled with an endless supply of pillows. It took me a while to fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking of today's events.

"I have the Harry Styles' phone next to me." I chuckled to myself.

This is absolutely crazy.

.

heyo everyone!

just a little filler chapter until all the drama starts (;

it's currently 11 pm so goodnight everyone! ((:

-dalia