three

Coraline

The blaring of a phone's ringtone woke me up from my long slumber. I groaned loudly and turned around lazily as I felt around my nightstand for my phone.

"Hello?" I answered the call groggily without checking the caller ID, figuring it was my parents checking up on me like usual.

"Yes, who is this, and why did you steal my phone?"

"What? You called me... Who are you?" I asked confused.

"What do you mean? I'm calling my phone." He scoffed.

"Wh-wait, what?" I scrunched up my face in confusion as I removed the phone that I thought was mine from my ear and looked at it to realize it actually wasn't.

"Oh! Sorry! I just remembered, and to jog your memory, I didn't steal anything; you dropped it." I stood up-right in bed quickly.

"Yeah, whatever. Listen, we need to meet up like today. I need my phone back." He said, sounding rather annoyed already. What is up with this guy? He gets angry and annoyed so quickly.

"Can't you just afford another one?" I laughed.

"Funny. I bet you can't." Now it was his turn to laugh as my face scrunched up in a slight pout.

"Anyways, i can, but i can't afford to lose all my important contacts." He sighed.

"Oh, right. So where do we meet up then?" I asked exasperatedly, already wanting to end this conversation and go back to the warmth of my bed.

"At the Louvre Restaurant on 5th?" He asked.

"Um... I can't really afford anything there." I trailed off awkwardly.

"Who said you were staying? I just need my phone, Caroline." He mocked.

"Oh. Yeah, i-"

"Okay, so it's settled. Bye."

"Wait! What time?" I almost shouted a bit trying to fit the question in before he hung up the call.

"8 pm tonight. Oh, and also, don't you dare try and solve my password."

"Ok-", my voice was cut short by the loud dial tone ringing in my ear.

If I said he wasn't that intimidating, I'd be lying. Just his voice over the phone made me nervous.

"You're meeting up with Harry Styles? Take me with you! Please!" My bedroom door was pushed open and in came bursting an excited and eager Maggie.

"Jeez Maggie, it's like ten in the morning." I groaned as I flopped back on to my fluffy bed.

"Exactly! We need to prepare ourselves to meet him!" I rolled my eyes at her amount of enthusiasm this early in the day.

"Who said you were going?" I laughed.

"I did! I need to be there!" She huffed stubbornly.

"Kidding, of course, you're coming." I smiled.

"But it's in the Louvre, what would we even wear?" I listened amusedly at her rambling until a text tone from Harry's phone got my attention.

"Also, come alone." I read the message out loud.

"What was that?" Maggie peeked out her head from the closet door.

"Uh...How do I say this?" I mumbled nervously looking around the room.

"What's wrong, Cora?" Her body now in full view in front of the closet doorway.