i // lucas

june|1983

june|1983

jimin watched a leaf fall from the tall tree above his head. it was falling onto his paper that he was writing on with a little pink, glittery pencil. little jimin delicately picked up the leaf, and put it on the grass beside his crossed legs.

he put his pencil to the little notebook, which he never let anyone see. his little diary. he was made fun of the last time people found out that a boy had a diary, so he pretended like it wasn't his, and threw it in the trash.

he didn't let anyone know about this one.

6.5.83 - sunday

that cute seventh grader is here. at the park playing basketball. i don't know who he's with but he's here with two other boys.

i like his hair, it's white. i think he just dyed it because school got out.

i'm sitting under a tree, the one that taehyung climbed last summer. it's a perfect view to see them, but they can't see me. i don't want them too. i don't want to look like some kind of stalker who likes looking at them play sports. "that one fifth grader."

well, it's sixth grader now, i think. it's the summer.

taehyung is going to camp this summer, so i won't be able to see him much. i hope jin hyung lets me come to the park more often.

jimin heard the laughter of the boys from the court to the tree. he thought the white haired boy had a nice laugh. he didn't look up; he couldn't or else he would have been seen.

jimin's heart faltered a bit when a bunch of high school girls passed them, and they tried their best to be charming with gross cat calls and remarks. jimin's smile was gone in seconds.

he scribbled the last sentence out.

i hope jin hyung doesn't let me come back.

july|1983

jimin's little hands were holding onto the pocket holes in his shorts, his legs kicking from the porch. he was just small enough that he couldn't reach the grass below with the tips of his toes.

the little fifth grader's best friend went off to summer camp less than an hour ago. jimin had walked with him to their school where he was picked up by the bus, and had only gotten back to his own house minutes ago.

jimin turned around slightly when he heard the door opening. he watched as his older brother, seokjin, quickly stepping down the porch steps onto the concrete sidewalk. jimin pouted a little when he saw his hyung pick up his bike from the lawn and go to the end of the street.