iii // lucas

july|1983

july|1983

"i miss you so much, taehyungie," jimin whined into the phone, crossing his legs as he sat atop the counter in his bed room. it was his little perch; right next to the landline in his room. "it's so boring here without you."

"i'm coming back in another month, don't worry." taehyung's voice sounded sweet even through the phone, and it made jimin feel more comfortable. his best friend really was his everything.

"you're taking too long!" he whined again. seokjin walked by his room, slowly and quietly. he was just checking on him. he leaning against his door, listening in with a smile on his face at his little brother. "nothing is fun."

jin eyed the little notebook that was sat atop his little brother's bed. he's been wanting to read it for ages, even though his little brother had no idea that jin even knew about it. he knew it was his diary, and was waiting for jimin to be forth-coming about it. he wanted jimin to trust him.

outside of the window is a little pond, a koy-pond that jin had and maintained behind their house. jimin used to hate it when he was younger since he could never swim in it, but it was growing on him just to watch the fish play around inside.

"i want to come back too, all the people here are rude and point out the fact that my clothes aren't as expensive as theirs." jimin wanted to hit whoever was hurting his best friend. his camp was the type of camp that private school kids went to. taehyung was good at making friends there usually, but sometimes people just can't even like the best of people.

"i'm sorry, taehyung. people suck don't they?"

"what the hell are you two babbling about?" yoongi asked, furrowing his eyebrows at the boys behind him, who were giggling nonstop and whispering bullshit that yoongi couldn't hear. "if you two are going to be like that and not talk to me then i'm just gonna go home."

his hands were in his jacket pockets and his legs were growing cold. he wished he had brought sweatpants to put over his basketball shorts, but he wasn't thinking very ahead. they were bored playing basketball for the first time all summer, deciding to walk around in a pointless park of trees. there was a river they followed to know where they were and how to get back, though they've never reached the end of it.

"no, hyung-" namjoon continued to giggle, making yoongi fight back a smile becuase of how damn contagious the others' were. "it's nothing, we promise."

"'nothing' sounds pretty funny."

namjoon tried to hold hoseok's arm when he began to laugh harder, knowing what was running through the older's head.

"you have a cru-" namjoon cut him off as he put his hand over hoseok's mouth, who just bursted into a fit of laughter again. hoseok was laughing so hard that his foot accidentally splashed the river's water, making namjoon's leg get wet and his shoes grow cold. yoongi rolled his eyes after his brow raised.

"are you two dumb?" yoongi asked with a little bit of anger. he didn't like jokes that much. the thirteen year old stood in front of them with crossed arms.

namjoon whispered something to hoseok, and he looked up at yoongi. "was that little fifth grader your boyfriend?"

yoongi's brows raised intensely; his anger leaving for a split second before becoming furious.

"what?" yoongi asked loudly. the others broke into a laugh at their hyung. "who the fuck do you think i am? i'm not gay!"

hoseok and namjoon looked to each other, then back at yoongi, but didn't say anything.

"he was just alone! and ten year olds shouldn't be in alone in parks! ever think of perverts? i was just making sure he was okay, that's all!"

namjoon tsked loudly as he watched yoongi begin to walk again, stomping his feet a little. "he'd be fine anyway. that's kim seokjin's brother."

yoongi hummed a bit, almost stopping in his tracks. "you're lying."

"i think his name is ji.. jim? jim something? jimmy?" namjoon muttered, and hoseok nodded and shrugged, not knowing either.

"he doesn't act like him. doesn't even look like him," yoongi said with a rude tone. "and so what? he's not my boyfriend anyway! and i'm not gay!"

"you shouldn't hurt your pretty skin like that," hoseok mocked in a sad attempt at sounding like yoongi. he flushed pink and brought his lips in his mouth. "you called him a cute little kid, hyung. what happened to you being a tough guy, hm?"

yoongi looked away, quickly pushing past the two other boys, mumbling, "i'm going home."

7.23.83 - saturday

i hate yoongi hyung :,(

jimin underlined 'hate' so much that the paper ripped.

i was sitting on the porch and he was waking down my street and i felt bad for being so mean to him yesterday so i called out his name to say hello and he walked up to me and just yelled at me for no reason at all! he called me all of those names the other bullies called me, and he looked like he was gonna hit me because he kept raising his fist, but then he drops it really fast.

there was a small wet mark on the notebook from his tears, making jimin skip to the next line.

he said that i'm not allowed to go to the park anymore and that i'm not allowed to talk to him or his friends. but i've seen him around jinnie before. i wonder why? maybe it's because he wants a spot on student council like jin hyung, and since he's president, he could probably make that happen.

another tear mark, and there were wrinkles from where jimin was gripping the pages too hard.

i never want to see him again i thought he was different, but i guess i was wrong, again.

i miss taehyungie :( he's the only one who isn't like them.