Chapter 9

A few months. Now mid-december.

Dove's POV

It's been a few months sense the dinner with Ryan's dad and they've gotten closer since then. I think Ryan finally forgives him. We haven't heard much from Ryan's mom. Well, that's a lie, she's always asking to come over, but Ryan doesn't answer her calls. I feel really bad and feel like Ryan's dad is purposely pulling Ryan away from his mom. Something fishy is going on, but I can't put my finger on what. 

Ashton is now 3 months old and has been an angel. Well, not a complete angel. He still wakes up every few hours of the night wanting to be fed, but that's normal. He doesn't cry that much though except when he wants to be fed or needs a change. 

"Chloe." Ryan says snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah?" I ask looking up at him from the bed. He sits beside me and I look over at Ashton asleep in his crib and then back to Ryan.

"Did you do some Christmas shopping?" He asks.

"I adored a few things online why? You didn't see any of it right?" I ask worried he's seen his present.

"How much did you spend?" He asks. What? 

"It doesn't matter." I reply.

"Yeah it kind of does." He replies with a very unappreciated attitude.

"Ryan what's your issue?" I ask. This is not a conversation I thought I'd be having with him.

"Someone took $40,000 out of my bank account." He says. My eyes go wide.

"Holy shit! That wasn't me. I used my card." I say.

"Then where would that money go. That could pay our rent for over 3 years." He says and runs a hand through his hair in frustration.

"I-I don't know." I say and feel a lump in my throat. That's a lot of money and we'll need that for Ashton. Ryan sighs and lays back on the bed.

"I closed that bank account and the cards for it so whoever got into it can't anymore." He says.

"It doesn't matter. That's a ton of money." I say.

"I know, but I don't know what to do." He replies.

"Does anybody else have your account number and password?" I ask.

"Just you, me and my dad." He states.

"Your dad?" I ask.

"Yeah. He got some money out for me once." Ryan replies like it's no big deal.

"Do you think..." I start.

"No, he wouldn't. It was probably a scam or something." Ryan says, but that doesn't convince me.

"Are you su-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Yes I am. My dad would never." He says. I'm not sure if he said that to convince me or himself, probably both. I sigh and then Ryan gets a call and leaves the room.