Secrets

(Trigger warning; blood, death, beating. Very mild but I thought I'd put the warning up anyway, just to make sure you all knew before hand.
-About half way through the chapter-)

I awoke from my sleep when Bella came barging into my room "becka!" she whisper yelled at me "becka get up!" she was shaking my shoulders now and I groaned.
"I'm awake what?" I shot daggers at her with my eyes.
"I need to show you something." she said through gritted teeth. I sat up and looked from my clock to her.
"at three o'clock in the morning Bella, seriously?" she grabbed at her hair in desperation. "fine what is it?" she shot up off the bed and motioned for me to follow her.
When I entered her room it was dimly lit by the computer screen she sat infront of, I walked over to look at it and saw that she had several tabs open with pictures of what I could only assume were vampire's due to the blood and beautiful women being bitten "you called me in here because there is a new dracula movie?" I asked confused, she looked to me with frustration.
"no, I did some research into an old legend Jacob told me the other day when I came over to talk to him. We ended up going for a walk on the beach and he told me about the cold ones, I searched it and it came up with vampire's." she looked desperate and scared suddenly.
"Bells, they're just legends these things don't exist." I waved towards the computer and yawned.
"I think they do." she said suddenly. My eyes grew wide and I had to look at her for a moment, is she serious? I thought to myself.
"okay, bells. I'm going to say this once so listen carefully, that's some certifiable shit you're talking about right now. If you told anyone else that you think this mythological creature exists they'll have you in a straight jacket and a padded room." I was trying to be cautious with her feeling but I honestly didn't know what to think, my sister has gone mad.
"fine, if you don't want to believe me go away." she mumbled.
"bells, just think about what you're sayin-" she held up her hand to stop me.
"just go." she said quietly looking back to the screen in front of her, I let out a loud sigh and went to leave the room stopping at the door to look back at her. She was hunched over her computer writing something on a piece of paper. I made my way to my room and plopped on to the bed with another sigh, what the hell I thought to myself.
There was suddenly a soft tapping sound on my window, my heart skipped a beat as I looked around. When I reached the window I looked down to see a figure standing at the edge of the woods, I flung the window up and was about to tell the creep where to go and how to get there when they stepped out from the shadows "Paul!" I whisper yelled.
He waved and motioned for me to back up and I did, a few thuds sounded before the boy hauled himself through the window.
"woah, ten points for gryffindor." I said thoroughly impressed at how he effortlessly climbed a two story house and jumped through my window.
He mock bowed and sauntered over to my bed where he plopped down, I crossed my arms over my chest and looked to him. He was wearing his signature smirk as he patted the bed beside him, I of course was more than willing to oblige and plopped down beside him.
"what do you want Lahote?" he chucked at my failed attempt to sound serious.
"well you but among other things can I guy not come to see the girl he's dating?" he asked running his fingers over my arm.
"we aren't dating, we haven't even gone on our first date." I stated as I shoved his shoulder gently.
"so you admit there will be more after the first?" he questioned raising an eyebrow at me, still running his finger over my arm causing electricity to run up it. I took a breath in and groaned.
"if youre lucky." I smiled, he moved closer to me and put his arm around my shoulders so my head was laying on his bicep. His warmth quickly engulfed me and I snuggled into him further bringing my head to rest on his chest. "why are you here though, Paul? I'm not complaining I'm just slightly confused."
He sighed and the air shifted between us suddenly, there was a serious feel to it and I rolled to bring my eyes up to his own.
"something went down, I'm not ready to talk about it but I wanted to see you. I don't know you take my mind off things." he wouldn't meet my eye and I knew from that small gesture how serious it was, Paul always looked me in the eye, for what I assumed was a dominance thing but now I'm starting to think otherwise.
I pursed my lips and nodded placing my head back down in his chest "you better have a quick escape route if Charlie catches you." I said through a yawn, he chuckled again and nodded tracing small circles on my back.