Prologue

Once upon a time, a Daedric Prince made a deal. She wished to have a mortal of her own to walk Nirn, a child of her own blood who would banish the wicked and spread light across all of Tamriel.

However, this Prince could not concieve on her own. She wished for her child to be powerful and strong. She wished for her offspring to guide the realms of men to victory. Her child would to the work of the daedra, whenever he or she was called upon.

So Azura made a deal. She called upon Molag Bal, the Prince of domination to give her this child. The blood would share both light and darkness. Molag Bal agreed, intrigued with the prospect of having mortal offspring of his own blood. The King of Vampirism would not soil the blood of his child with his curse, however he or she would be attracted to the darkness, the power over other mortals.

Azura bore this child, a daughter. Blessed with the gifts of her sister, Nocturnal, she gave the baby to her most trusted follower, Aranea Ienith.

"This child is of my blood, both light and dark. She was born to be my champion on Nirn, and that of my sister. Her name is Azalia. She will not know of me until the time I wish it."

Aranea took the child with wisps of hair as white as snow. She opened her eyes.