Chapter Thirteen

Brynjolf's heart was racing as he rode through the marsh land towards Morthal. He knew where they were going. Movarth's Lair. Apparently to the Companions, the only place in Morthal where Vampires would go would be the coven that was a scourge on the city. He felt sick thinking of how terrified she must be, thinking nobody would come to her aid. He didn't want to know what it would feel like to die alone.

"We're nearly there!" The Companion named Aela yelled over the breeze that whipped past their ears. Brynjolf had barely got the chance to introduce himself to them, but judging by the looks 'Vilkas' was giving him, he assumed that the brute was Azalia's former lover.

He pushed his stallion to the brink of exhaustion, each second he gained, a second closer to Azalia.

~•~

She could feel the bile rising in her throat. She was strong, and she was fearless to the point that she was reckless, but she could not help the claws of panic that gripped at her feeble heart. She refused to cry, she would not give those undead monsters the satisfaction of seeing her suffer. They crowded round her like moths to a light, impatiently waiting with bated breath until they could sink their sharp fangs into her soft flesh.

Movarth gazed up to the hole in the roof of the cave, waiting for the moon to reach its height. He gazed down at Azalia hungrily, his sharp nails gliding over her skin.

"It won't be long now," He whispered in her ear, brandishing a knife. He sliced it over her thigh, letting the blood run down her leg before moving and doing the same to the other thigh. She could hear the hisses of the other Vampires, enthralled by the smell of her blood. She winced, closing her eyes tight to fight through the pain, "Calm. You will taste it soon."

Movarth looked up again, "Only a few moments now."

"Who will get the first taste?" A Vampire said, she could almost hear him licking his lips.

"Me, of course," Movarth retorted, "You all would not be here if not for me. All you need is a drop. I want the pleasure of taking her life."

Movarth lifted a chalice to her bleeding leg, opening the wound so the blood would flow faster. He filled the cup, handing it to the nearest Vampire.

"Drink when the moon rises high," He hissed, looking down at Azalia, "Once she dies, her power will be ours."

Movarth's eyes glided over her body, as if he was picking the place he would drain her from. He gazed back up at the moon, a malicious smile crossing his face.

"Drink," He ordered.

His head bent down to her face, his breath tickling the skin on her neck. He forced her head to the side, a veined hand holding it in place.

"If I had my way," He whispered, his breath fanning against her neck. It was almost cold, raising goosebumps on her delicate skin, "I would take days at this. Savouring every last drop of you."

She screamed as he lowered his mouth, his sharp fangs biting into the soft skin of her neck. She struggled, screaming until her voice cut out and the energy in her body seemed to dissipate. She felt heavy, unmoving, her lips parted slightly.

"No!" A loud voice boomed through the cavern. Movarth detatched himself from Azalia with a hiss. She could barely focus on anything, but she could see the red-hair and his voice was unmistakable.

"Kill them!" Movarth screached, "I need to finish this!"

Brynjolf dashed forward, slashing at the nearest Vampire. His heart lurched in his stomach at the sight of Azalia on that table. She was so still she looked dead, but only for the slight movement of her head. He could see Movarth moving back to finish the job, but Aela launched an arrow that caught him in the shoulder. Farkas stood by his side, fighting the Vampires that jumped for them.

"Free her!" He shouted over the sound of metal cutting flesh. Brynjolf nodded, running from the opening of the cave, deeper into the room and past the Vampires that were fighting the Companions.

He heard a sudden roar, and he nearly stopped dead in his tracks as Vilkas shifted into his Beast form. His large and powerful jaws snapped up a female Vampire, ripping her body to shreds. Brynjolf ignored the shock and raced forward towards Movarth who was attempting to drain some life from Aela who was slicing at his body with a Skyforge steel sword.

Brynjolf lunged forward towards Movarth, slicing a glass sword along his arm. The Vampire hissed, using a spell to drain the life from him while shooting spikes of ice towards the red-haired thief. Brynjolf ignored the pain that coursed through his body, pushing forward to slay the Master Vampire. He could feel the affects of the Vampire magic on his body. Aela launched an arrow towards Movarth, the pointed end flew through his eye and imbedded in his skull. He fell, motionless, onto the ground.

He cast a gaze back to see the other Companions were on the upper hand against the remaining Vampires and Thralls. His eyes landed back on Azalia. He ran to her side, lifting her head in his hands. Her eyes could barely meet his, falling in and out of consciousness.

"Azalia," He said, cutting the binds on her arms and legs, "Stay with me, lass."

"We need to bind her legs," Aela exclaimed, "She's loosing too much blood!"

Aela ripped two pieces of cloth from her under-armour and tied them around Azalia's thighs to stop the bleeding. She whimpered slightly.

"Healing potion," Brynjolf blurted, rummaging in the pockets of his armour. He grasped the pinkish bottle, uncorking it with shaking fingers. He poured a small amount on each of her thighs, the wound hissing. He held the bottle to her lips, "Azalia drink!"

Her head was limp in his arms, her body finally succumbing to the sweet darkness. He lifted her limp body off the table, holding her in his arms. He felt guilty for not getting there fast enough.
"We need to get her to a healer!"

Brynjolf hadn't ran so fast in his life as he did when he dashed from that cave with Azalia in his arms. He climbed onto his horse, placing her infront of him, her back resting on his right arm, holding her upright.

"You're going to be okay, lass," He whispered, pressing his lips to her hair, "I promise you."

~•~

*Insert witty remark about the chapter*

To those two people who voted! Didn't think anyone was reading this so here's another chap!