Chapter Five

* warning : contains a lil' bit of mature content but nothing much REALLY

The next few days had flew by, with Azalia busying herself with Delvin's fishing and numbers jobs. She found fishing to be her favourite, along with the heist jobs that she got off Vex. She was earning the favour of each of the theives by bringing in coin for their Guild. Delvin seemed to think that she was a turn for the better for their Guild, and that Lady Luck followed Azalia wherever she went.

Brynjolf refused to speak to Azalia let alone look at her and she found herself rather infuriated with him. In the time that she and Brynjolf spent ignoring eachother, she had spoken to Mercer much more. It was apparent to most of the Guild that Mercer had a soft spot for Azalia, but obviously she was oblivious to it.

"Azalia," Mercer called, waving her over with a mere flick of his wrist, "I have a special job I need you to do for me. It may be of personal interests."

"And what might that be?" Azalia said sweetly.

"It'll involve you going back into the Thalmor Embassy," Mercer stated and Azalia felt a sudden lump in her throat. She never wanted to go back into that place, "Maven Black-Briar wants a certain pendant that is in their possession. I didn't ask any questions on why, that's never a good idea with Maven."

"So.. I just get in and steal it," She said and Mercer nodded.

"If it was ever so easy," He handed her a drawing of the pendant. It was small and roundish and was a creepy looking skull with pointy horns, "I'm not sending you on your own. Brynjolf is going with you."

Mercer said those words like they burned his throat.
"You'll have to infiltrate a party dressed up as nobles. It's taking place tomorrow night so get ready. The carriage will be leaving from Solitude. This is for your hair."

Mercer handed Azalia some brown chalk, meaning for her to colour her white locks to avoid being recognised. She nodded and thanked Mercer. It didn't take Azalia long to pack her things. Mercer had supplied her a dress, fine boots and small gold circlet for the party. She coloured her hair with the chalk, dried it infront of the fire and brushed it through with her fingers. She knew she'd look much like a different person.

She headed to the Flagon where she assumed Brynjolf was residing. She was nervous about spending so much alone time with him, seeing as they hadn't spoke in days. He looked up at her when she entered, but his gaze quickly turned cold.
"You ready to go?"

Azalia only nodded and followed Brynjolf out of the Flagon and into Riften. He didn't say anything until they boarded the carriage and even at that, it was only to ask her if she had everything she needed. She didn't sleep on the ride to Solitude, which was terribly long and boring. They had both ended up at the Winking Skeever, Brynjolf bought food for them both and they sat by the roaring fire.

"Can we at least talk?" Azalia said exasperated, after taking a bite of her chicken pie, "I hate this.. Silence. We need to be able work together."

"You're right, Lass," Brynjolf sighed, "I regret that anything even happened. I don't know what came over me. It meant nothing."

Azalia felt a pang of sadness in her heart upon hearing his words, but she was happy that they were on good terms. She cracked a joke and Brynjolf loosened up.

"I'll get us rooms," She announced and Brynjolf nodded with a small smile. She walkes up to the barkeep, ignoring the Imperial soldiers that were giving her the eye.

"I'd like two rooms, please," She said to the man behind the counter.

"Unfortunately, I only have one," He said apologetically, "There has been an influx of folks here the past few days."

"Oh," Azalia said, drumming her fingers on the wooden counter, "One will do then."

She handed the barkeep his gold and listened to his directions to the room. She beckoned Brynjolf and he followed her up the stairs, swiping the healing potions that sat on the lonely shelf as he did.

"Looks like we have to share," Azalia said with a laugh and Brynjolf nodded hesitantly with an awkward laugh of his own.

The room was lovely, but lacked even a chair for one to sleep on. It wasn't that Azalia was awkward, she was the opposite. But there was something about Brynjolf, and the prospect of being alone with him that made her heart race.

"We can just share the bed," She said after a moment of silence, "That would be okay, wouldn't it?"

Brynjolf's throat bobbed and he nodded. Azalia sat on the end of the bed and pulled off her boots. She then stepped behind the small wooden divider and began to undress. She could hear Brynjolf doing the same, his clothes hitting the floor with a satisfying thump.

Azalia's thoughts were wicked. She wanted to get back at Brynjolf for the way he had been acting the past few days, so when she stepped out she was only in her undergarments. It's not like she had any nightwear anyway. His eyes landed on her body, the curve of her supple breasts and her large hips that held the nicest behind Brynjolf had ever seen.

Azalia's cheeks burned and she jumped into bed, hiding beneath the furs.
"Like what you see?" She chuckled, lightening the tense air that came between them.

Brynjolf only smirked, pulling his shirt over his head to reveal a defined torso and flexing biceps that made her heart quicken. She hid her face under the covers to prevent him from seeing her flushed face. A heavy silence descended over the pair and Brynjolf slid into the bed beside her. It felt as if there was a tether joining them together. Azalia turned with her back to Brynjolf in an attempt to quell the ferocious beating of her heart. She could feel the heat eminating off his body, it made her insides squirm.

Azalia turned herself around again, unable to get comfortable. She came face to face with the burly redhead Nord, he had the same glint in his eye that he did the first day she met him. The air around her seemed to still and Azalia looked into the eyes of the man infront of her, his warm breath raised goosebumps on her skin.

She didn't know who made the first move, only that his lips were on hers. She pulled herself back, her breathing quickened and her heart thundering. Alas, she couldn't stop herself. Azalia kissed him ferociously, her hands running up his toned body. Brynjolf pulled her in, his strong arms circling her thin frame. She pulled herself on top of him, her legs straddling his body. She could feel his excitement beneath her.

"Lass.. We.." Brynjolf started and she cut him off.
"We should."

As the words left her mouth she reconnected their lips, and Brynjolf flipped her over until he was on top of her. Powerful and in control.

Azalia let herself lose all control, falling deep into him as all of her thoughts slipped away in blissful pleasure.

~•~

I didn't wanna go full SMUT. I've never actually wrote any before but I actually think I'd be good at it *lols*
How do you think this is gonna play out in the morning?