Chapter 5 - A Long-Expected Party

So I made it. I pushed through finals, and rehearsals, and graduation. I won't bore you with the details, but it was exciting and exhausting and even a little melancholy.

My graduation slash "official" birthday party wasn't particularly big, but it was a great start to the summer. My grandparents made it, so did Ken's parents. Scott came, of course, and a couple other friends from school.

We made our plans to keep in touch over the summer, see some movies, perhaps drive to the beach for one last bash. We all knew most of it was not going to happen, that once we left for our respective colleges, we might only hear from each other through the occasional Facebook message.

Have you ever had a secret you really wanted to tell someone, but were scared of what might happen?  That's exactly how this watch made me feel. I thought Mom should know, at least. I was worried she might think I was imagining things, or even if she did believe me, she would want me to not use it. But my Dad had to have given it to me for a reason, right? Something this crazy didn't just show up for nothing.

There were so many questions, but only one way to really get any answers: by testing it. Now that summer vacation was here, I could do just that.

-----

**AN** This chapter is currently being rewritten. Please skip ahead to chapter 6.