Free! Various X Reader [Free! Eternal Summer]

A/N : BEWARE! The following content contains Japanese pronouns, words and honorifics. But I'm sure you're all okay with that and I won't make it too cringey.

...

But I make no promises~~

-------------------------------------

Till We Meet Again •Part 1•

-------------------------------------

Reader's POV

Graduation.

A topic I've never really paid attention to. Well.. Not until today.

It was a fairly normal morning in my school, Kaiisei Academy, an all-girls school.

I was about to go down to my swim meet when an underclassmen of mine stopped me.

"(Name)-senpai!"

Turning on my heel, I met her stare.

"Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?"

They fidgeted for a second. The first one cleared her throat.

"Senpai, not to be nosy or anything, but we were wondering what you would be doing after graduating?" They finally asked.

I blinked. Graduating?

"Um.. I'm guessing that I'll continue swimming. It is my passion! And if that doesn't work out, then I guess it'll be volleyball,"

The two second year girls nodded to each other before turning back to face me.

"Thank you, (Name)-senpai!" They smiled.

I returned the action. "Say. If you don't mind me asking, why did you ask me that?"

The second girl stepped forward.

"We were wondering about it since you're a third year! You're going to graduate in a month and you're also our swim team's captain! We heard from your friend that you don't really know what to do after this.."

She paused, noticing my surprised face.

"A-ah! We were plainly curious, that's it! We're sorry if we seem a little busybody!! Forgive us, Senpai!" She bowed causing me to sweatdrop. "E-eh.. It's really alright.."

I trailed off, realizing that I'm probably very late for swim practice.

"Shoot! I'm late!!" I panicked, quickly saying goodbye to my underclassmen friends and sprinting down the hallway.

People might think that a swimmer would be slow on land right? Wrong. I'm not only the captain of my swim team, but also the vice captain of the volleyball team. It's only logical that I'd be fast and agile.

I arrived at our school's pool dripping with sweat. Most of the members spared me a glance before resuming their own business. One person though, strode over to me and gave me a hard punch on the shoulder.

"Ow." I muttered.

The slightly taller girl huffed in annoyance.

"You baka! Did you know how awkward it was when the scouts came by looking for you and I was the one who had to answer them? The principal even came down in search for you! What were you thinking (Name)?!"

I smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry Kazumi! I got caught up in something and completely forgot about practice!"