Free! Various X Reader [Free! Eternal Summer]

Till We Meet Again •Part 2•

-------------------------------------

Rin's POV

Samezuka had a holiday today, so me and Sousuke decided to go visit the gang in Iwatobi, and probably help them prep for the Nationals.

The two of us had arrived at the station already, struggling to get in the train.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw familiar heads of (hair colour) and white hair.

Could it be..?

I shook my head, no. The chances were too slim. In case you were wondering, I was referring to some of my friends, (Last Name) (Name) and Hirasawa Kazumi.

They're third year girls that go to school at Kaiisei Academy. A few blocks away from Samezuka Academy. Just like us, it was an all-girls school. Well, Samezuka is an all-boys school - but hey, you see the similarity right?

"Rin." I heard Sousuke call.

I whipped my head around to face him. "Yea?"

He cleared his throat, he seems a little fidgety today too.. I wonder what's wrong.

"I... I think I know what I'm doing after graduation..."

I did a double take. W-what?! What's with the sudden statement?!!

"Sou. Why...?"

He looked out the window of the moving train before answering, "I just.. I used to ask myself, 'What am I going to do after graduating? Should I swim? Should I choose another path?' I was still shrouded in darkness at that time. I didn't know what to do. And them I lied to you.."

I winced a little. "Sousuke. It's fine. It's in the past, right? Don't think about it anymore. All that matters now is to get that shoulder of yours to heal. Think about the future after that okay? I'll be here for you. We'll cross the bridge together when we get to it. Don't worry."

I offered the butterfly swimmer a reassuring smile, glad that he returned the gesture.

"Thanks Rin."

I grinned, flashing him my sharp teeth. "Anytime."

I overheard some girls talking about something but paid no mind to it. That was.. Until I felt someone crash into me, almost sending me to the floor.

"Oi! Watch it!"

The girl in front of me bowed, apologizing frantically. "I-I-I'm sorry! E-excuse me.."

I didn't bother to look at her but I waved her apology dismissively.

Sousuke popped up beside me. "Tch. Rin! Be more careful, would you?" He scolded.

I felt the girl in front of me and her friend flinch. Why..?

I turned towards Sousuke and huffed. "It wasn't my fault. You don't have to-"

"Rin?"

I turned once more. Properly facing the girls now.

"Eh?? Have we met before-"

My words got stuck in my throat when I noticed the familiar (hair colour) hair and (eye colour) eyes that were on me.

"EHHHHH??"

"(N-Name)?!!"

"R-Rin?!!!"

We stared at each other in shock, pointing a finger at one another.