The real Nancy-Ann.

"Hey, Jen?"

My heart was thumping so hard in my chest I was afraid Jen would hear it. I had never told anyone this before. Why was I telling her? I was about to back out when I heard a soft reply.

"Yeah?"

"remember you asked me about my first kiss earlier?"

She turned to face me. 

"Yeah.. You ready to spill?"

I tried my best to slow down my breathing.

"Truth is, I've never kissed anyone. Because i--."

I faltered, and Jen just kept staring into my eyes, not pitying or judgmental, just listening.

"I like girls."

A tear dropped down my face. I had never admitted that to myself, though I knew it, let alone said it out loud, to another human being.

"Why are you crying? There's nothing wrong with that."

I gained my stability, or at least I tried to.

"My brother was transgender. My parents found out, and they sent him to an adoption company in another country. They said they wouldn't raise a sinner who wouldn't respect what god gave them. He was only 15. I haven't seen him since, much less talked about him."

I took a breath. 

"I've never kissed anyone because I was afraid that my parents would find out. That's stupid, isn't it? I'm 25."

"It isn't stupid."

"I'm sorry, I barely know you. I'm sorry for dropping all this on you."

"Don't be sorry. I may not really know you but i'm here to listen."

And we sat there. 

In comfortable silence.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry, much shorter. I'm in a writing mood though, so we'll see.

Bai little sails!