Phone call.

Nancy-Ann's POV:

It's around three AM now.

I'm standing outside, next to a cliff above a lake full of water shining in the moonlight.

And i'm about to call my mother.

She picks up on the third ring.

"Hello? Virgina? Are you okay? It's three in the morning."

I can hear the tiredness in her raspy voice.

"First of all, I love you Mame."

"I love you too, Virgina. Now what's going on?"

I relished that moment--- her saying I love you. Because I wasn't sure if I would ever hear it again.

"Mame, I called you to come out."

"Come out?"

"I'm gay, Mame."

"What?"

"I like girls. Romantically."

There was silence for what felt like hours.

" I am not your mother. I don't love you anymore. I'm ashamed I ever did. Don't talk  to me ever again."

And she hung up.

And my number was blocked.

First it was slow. A single silver tear fell through the parts in my eyelashes. And then another. And another. And then it felt like I was being swallowed whole by misery. My body was racked with tears, and all I could hear was ringing until the sun came up.

I started walking back.

Miserably.

Jen's POV:

I woke up to the sound of sniffling.

I could see the vauge outline of who I assumed to be Nancy in the corner of the tent.

"Nancy?"

She turned around to face me, her eyes puffy with tears and her cheeks stained with them. Her hair looked like she had been pulling it apart.

I ran over to her side. She started crying into my shoulder. 

My shirt got soaked.

I didn't mind.

-----------------

She had finally stopped crying.

"i'm sorry."

"it's okay. Just tell me what happened."

She looked down at the ground.

"I came out to my mother. I'm not a part of her family anymore."

there was a moment of silence. 

"Maybe i should have just married some guy and gotten over it."

"No. If your family can't accept you for who you are then that is their problem. Don't apologize for your personality."

She just looked at me.

Nancy-Ann's POV:

She was right.

 But right at that moment I didn't care.

All I wanted to do was kiss her.

So I did.

I leaned in gently, unsure of how to do it properly, and she pressed her hand against my cheek gently, and slowly closed the gap in between us. 

It was electric. I moved my mouth against hers slightly, and let my hands find her hips.

It was warm.

soft.

And perfect.

A/N

Sorry if the kissing description isn't good, i'm not good at this stuff.

Bai little snails!