Chapter 5: Taking care of Envy

Envy POV

The next day sucked ass. We would've went outside to play more but Edward kept saying I was "sick" and we had to stay indoors.

I was forced into bed curled up on and snuggle in a blanket. He came in bringing hot chocolate.

"Here's a little something to warm you up", he said. I crossed my arms.
"Idiot. I'm fine really. I'm not sick", I stated. Then I sneezed. Edward shoved the mug in my hands.

"Sure you're not", he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and drank up.

"Lets just go play outside already", I urged.
"You are going nowhere. Not till I think you're better", he replied. 

I glared at him. "I appreciate the concern but this is nothing. Its so boring he- Achoo!!"

Edward chuckled.

"What the hell is so funny?!", I asked. 
"Oh nothing, just that I told you so", he stated. I groaned and flopped backwards onto my pillow.

"...I hate this", I growled. 

"Lets just focus on you getting better ok", Edward said.

"I'm still not sick", I mumbled. Then a coughing fit hit me. Edward's face changed from smug to worried. I gave him a smile.

"Relax, I'm fine", I assured. Then I sneezed again. 
"Bless you", he said. I was immediately put back in a bad mood. I sniffed and went into the other room where the fire was still on.

Laying on the couch I felt a little warmer but still freezing.
"Ed, I'm cold over here", I whined.

In a flash he came over and draped a blanket over me. I snugged into it.

Then he got a box of tissues and set it close by me. "I know what you need next", he stated. He grabbed something in one of the cupboards.

It was a small purple bottle.

I looked at it anxiously.
"What is that?", I asked.

"Cold medicine. It'll make you feel better", he replied. I looked away from it.

"NO WAY!! I'm not taking it", I snapped. I felt an inch in my nose and grabbed a tissue. Then I sneezed again.

"DAMMIT!!", I yelled. 

"Its either this, or end up sick like this for a lot longer. Take your pick", Edward demanded. 

I groaned and pointed to the medicine. Ed got a spoonful ready and held it out to me.
"Say aww", he ordered. 

It looked gross so I slightly turned my head away. 

"If you take it I'll make you some soup and dessert", he said. I sighed and took it. It tasted worse than it looked.
Ed nodded in acceptance and he went into the kitchen. 

For a half hour I sat there alone waiting while sneezing and coughing the whole time. I had my soup and Edward made me some sugar cookies.

Then I went back to the bed cause I got tired. Ed got ready to turn off the light.
"Wait Ed?", I called out.

"Yeah? What is it?", he asked. I blushed.
"Can you, lay here with me?", I asked shyly. He gave a warm smile and turned off the light and cuddled next to me.

He held me close to his chest and I smiled.

"Ed, thanks for taking care of me", I said. Edward smirked.

"So you admit you were sick?", he asked. I shook my head.
"Never", I replied. 

I sneezed again and Ed chuckled.
"Goodnight my palm tree", he said.

"Goodnight Fullmetal", I replied. Then I drifted off to sleep in his arms.