Nemesis

Chapter 4

Kensi was really nervous, she didn't know how to act in front of Deeks. Nell grabbed her hand while they were walking towards the working space. They parted in front of the stairs and Nell whispered "Good luck" into Kensi's ear. After Nell went up to ops, Kensi sat down on her desk nervously and continued her paperwork from yesterday. After a while, she couldn't concentrate anymore and sat back on her comfortable chair. She wondered where the others were and right in that moment, Hetty came in.

"We have a case Miss Blye."

She said and something in her voice startled Kensi.

"Hetty, what's going on? Where are the others?"

"I suggest you move your feet right up to ops, then you'll know."

While Kensi walked up to the operation center, she concluded from Hetty's reaction that something had to go on with the team, because they were never late. When she arrived upstairs, Nell and Eric looked at Kensi, their gazes concerned.

"Is everything okay?" Kensi asked.

"Everything is not okay, Agent Blye"

Granger said, suddenly apearing from nowhere.

"Eric, Nell, brief her."

He barked.

Nell and Eric looked at each other before Eric started talking.

"Marcel Janvier escaped from prison this morning. He checked into a motel with one of his alisases."

Nell continued.

"We figured it would be a trap, so Callen, Sam and Deeks went out to keep the building under surveillance, but nothing happened yet."

Kensi looked bewildered. She couldn't believe that Janvier escaped. Suddenly fear spread in her body and her muscles tightened. Callen! She had to get to the team fast so that she could help them to stop Callen from doing something really stupid.

"Hetty, I need to join the others in the field asap!!"

"You will sit this one out. Please come into my office. Now."

Hetty said, already walking downstairs.

Nell and Eric shared a concerned look while Kensi followed her. Nell had a hunch about what was going on but Eric didn't.

"Nell, what's up with Kensi? She looks exhausted and normally the team would've gone in the field together. Why leave Kensi behind?"

"I don't know."

She replied a little too fast but Eric knew when to stop digging.

Meanwhile, Kensi was standing in front of Hetty's desk, stepping from one foot to another. She still couldn't believe that Hetty was keeping her locked up in there.

"So, why am I here? I need to join the team!"

She tried to stay calm but she couldn't. The thing was that she already knew what this conversation would be about, but at the moment she was more worried about Callen.

"Miss Blye, what you need is to sit down and listen to me. The others have everything under control."

Kensi was at the edge of exploding but she obeyed.

"Over the last few weeks I've noticed a growing tension between you and your partner. It hasn't affected your work so far and I'd like it to stay that way. So I felt free to invite someone in with whom you are able to talk."

"I don't need.."

"That was an order, Agent Blye."

Hetty interrupted her and Kensi stood up, furious.

"Hey Kensi, it's nice to see you, too."

Someone said, standing behind her.

"Hello Nate."