Prologue

I stumbled out of my car, hitting the airbag, the chair, and the hard road. I panted like a madman, as I fiddled with my pocket, scavenging for my phone. It rang once. Twice. Third - that's the lucky time. Lucky... as if...

"Nine-one-one operator. What is your emergency?" her voice was even, and I barely heard her over the clattering around. I rose to my feet, becoming dizzy with the sudden movement. I shook my head, shutting my eyes and trying to process everything. I opened them and tried to find my words as I looked around. I blabbered whatever I could.

"I... there's a lot of blood... I... need help..." I looked back and saw her – eyes closed, lips parted, a cut just above the left eyebrow. Something I would never forget. The airbag had left a stamp bruise on her right cheek.

"Where are you?" The operator's even tone interrupted my train of thought.

"Willow Street." People were staring; some came close. A few went to her, others to-

"What is your name?" Why do you care? How is that relevant right now?

"Uh... Clay... Clayton Wilder..." I succumbed. I felt faint. There sure was a lot of blood.

"Don't hang up. Help is on the way." A pause, "Are you ok? Were you hurt?" I couldn't think straight as I held the phone in my stained hands. I shook my head.

"I... I'm not hurt..." I really wish I were though...

"How old are you?" what is this... 20 questions?

"Twenty-three... Please... you have to hurry..." I panted, as I looked around; "You have to understand it was an accident..." noisy murmurs attracted my attention, and my mouth hung open as I glanced over faces: judgmental faces that burned my damaged pride and attacked my shattered ego. And broke my broken heart.

"Help is on the way. Don't hang up."

"I won't..." and I didn't. People were crowding to get a better look at the monkey show. And then I see a woman pushing through the crowd, tears littering her entire face. She screamed and screeched and cried and fell to the floor beside-

The sirens overwhelmed my ears as I shut my eyes and hoped to wake up...

Yet I never did...

---

This was the prologue for you guys. I hope you enjoy it!

If you did, then be sure to vote for this chapter and add this story to your reading list!

Also, if you have any suggestions for future chapters, then don't hesitate to comment.

Every vote counts, so please do so.

Thank you for the support! 

I will update again soon. Love you guys! :)