1: Coming Home

Emery landed on the floor of the library in the New York Institute. It had been years since Emery had been back here. The library looked different, the cases that were filled with books had been replaced. It felt different too. Maybe it was that she hadn't been back in years.

There was no one in the library. Usually there was someone in the library. Usually it was Alec looking at books. Or Jace playing the piano. Or Izzy trying to find new rune to memorize. Emery wondered where everyone was.

The halls were empty too. No one running around, playing pranks on each other. It was quiet, maybe no one was here. Maybe they were out on a mission. Right that made sense? Did they know that she was-

"Emery?" It was Alec. He looked older, well that made sense he was older. He was at least a foot and a half taller than what he was when she left. His hair was taller too. But he looked good.

"Alec, hey you look great." Alec ignored her comment, he was angry at her. Angry for leaving. Angry for leaving how she did.

"No one told me you were coming back." His face was hard, like a statue. Alec looked like he was judging her. Her eyebrows crossed with confusion. Why wasn't he happy to see her? What had happened to the happy guy she knew? What had happened while she was gone.

"The Mission the Clave requested me on is over so they told me I could come back. That I could come home." Alec's face contracted, how could she call this her home? She left them. Without a single word. She had missed everything. "Look Alec I'm sorry that I left but the Clave-"

"Let's not talk about this? Alright? Let's talk about how you're back?" Alec said with a forced smile. Embry smiled, this was the Alec she knew. She knew Alec wasn't a big hugger so she would take the forces smile. A smile was all she could ask for.

***

She room was exactly the same. Not a thing had been moved. Not her bed or mirror. Not even the clothes she had thrown in the floor in the rush to Idris three years ago.

Suddenly there were arms rapped around her from behind. Squeezing her tight, it was Izzy. Izzy. Izzy. Izzy her papabatai. Izzy was the only person who she kept in contact with, the only person she was allowed to talk to. Being away from Izzy killed her. Every day her chest tightened. Only once had she seen Izzy in person. When she was allowed to come back to New York for three hours.

"Oh god I'm so glad you're back." Izzy said, missing her parabatai had killed her everyday. Maybe that's why she had been such a cold hearted bitch to everyone. Well everyone apart from Simon. She had missed Emery the most when she started seeing Simon. She had missed telling her best friend about meeting who she believed was the love of her.

"Yeah it's really good to be back Iz." Emery has missed Izzy the most. Izzy was her best friend, her sister, her papabatai. The closest person to her. She had been devastated when the Clave wouldn't let Izzy come with her, just because Izzy was two months away from completing her training.

"Are you staying?" Izzy asked seriously. She always wondered how long Emery would be here before she had to disappear. She always wondered if she was only here to end the ache in their chests before going off again.

"Yeah." Emery said. "The Clave said they no longer needed the task force, not since the war was over- hey congratulation on saving the world too!" Emery was so proud of Izzy. And of Alec and Jace. For saving the world from Valentine and Sebastian's raid.

"Thanks, but you should have been there." Izzy said. It was true. Emery was pissed that the Clave has dragged her away from her family when they needed her the most. In the midst of a war. The Law is hard. But it the Law.

"Thanks Iz, but really I'm proud of you." Izzy smiled wide. It had been a while since she smiled like this. Sure Simon made her smile, and Alec, Jace and Clary. But no one understood her like Emery.

"Let's go see if you still got what it takes or if I'm gunna kick your butt, huh?" Izzy asked, her smile playful and her voice alive. Emery smiled back while walking out of her room with her best friend.

~~~~~~~~
A/n
Word Count: 791

So I'm getting back into the TMI series so here's a Jace fic