22: The End Part 1

*FOUR MONTHS LATER*

Metals clashed as Emery's blade came into to contact with Jace's. Both of them breathed heavily, both had serious faces. They often found themselves sparing each other before showering and going to get food. Sometimes Jace would get bored and they would just end up kissing.

Jace kicked the inside of her knee and knocked her down. They both rolled until he sat on top of her with the dull side of the blade pressed to her neck. Emery looked up at Jace, his breath was jagged and his signature smirk rested on his face with ease.

"Get off of me." She squirmed under him, Jace dropped the blade to the side of them. Placing his lips roughly on hers, Emery kissed him back. Their lips brushed each other over and over, for minutes they sat there intertwined. Somehow they always got distracted while training.

Someone cleared their throat, causing Jace and Emery to knock heads while jumping apart. It was Alec and Izzy, both of them stood with their arms crossed. They never look so similar as they did right now, they wore the same expression.

"You two will never learn that way." Izzy teased, Emery's cheeks flushed red as Jace pulled her to her feet from the mat before they walked to Izzy and Alec. "Can't get enough of each other?" One again Izzy teased them.

"Screw you." Emery said, a smile wide on her face, "Cause you and Simon are PG 13, uh?" Izzy laughed lightly, while Alec looked like he was going to be sick.

"Gross," Alec said, his face contorted as he looked disgusted. "That's my baby sister." Jace laughed, throwing his head back.

"Oh, let's not forget you and Magnus?" Jace said poking Alec side. Suddenly Alec had nothing to say. His face flushed red and his looked like he wished he wasn't here anymore. Jace loves teasing his parabatai about his relationship, mostly because Alec being happy made him happy.

"Did you need something?" Emery asked, crossing her arms and wetting her lips with her tongue. Alec shook his head and his lips formed a half frown.

"Um no." Alec said. "Just wanted to know if you guys wanted to go get food and then head to Magnus'." Emery smiled, she loved going to Magnus'. His flat was just above Pandemonium. Pandemonium was where Jace and Emery were often found, bodies practically glued together.

Jace looked down at Emery who was smiling, "Yeah just let just shower and change first." Then he and Emery passed Alec and Isabelle.

Isabelle rolled her eyes with a smirk on her face, "Single shower or two?" Emery laughed as Jace pulled her from the gym before she could respond to Izzy's teasing comment.

***

"Jace." Emery giggled as Jace snaked his arms around her waist. His chest was bare and dripped water, Emery was dry now and attempting to put on clothes. "You're all wet-"

"That would make two of us." He mumbled against her earlobe. Emery smiled before shoving him away. Jace went over to her bed, tugging a shirt over his head and began drying his hair. When he looked up again Emery was tossing tops and dresses to the side trying to find the right one, Jace rolled his eyes. "I would pick a dress you won't mind ruining." Jace said calmly.

Emery smiled, "Oh yeah, why would that be?" She questioned, not looking at Jace in the reflection of the mirror. Recently Jace had been very hands on with her. Gripped her hips, kissing her neck and pressing his body against hers. She knew he was trying to get her naked, but she didn't know if she was there yet.

Jace shrugged as he stood behind her, his fingers danced on her skin, "Because I'm probably going to rip it off of you tonight." Emery tried to smile, but she almost couldn't before she pulled away from Jace. She then slipped on simple outfit and walked from her room.

Jace sighed and dropped his head. He wasn't sure what he was doing wrong, maybe it was the way he was approaching her or maybe she just didn't want him? He wasn't sure but he felt as if he was losing her and Jace wasn't sure how to keep her.

***

Jace sat at the bar, drink in his hand and Emery sitting next to him. She had been downing drink after drink all night. He wasn't sure what was wrong but he was pretty sure it was his fault. Were they having their first fight?

"I'm gonna go dance with Iz." Emery's voice was cold as she left the bar with Izzy. Simon, Jace and Clary sat at the bar. Sure Alec and Magnus were there too but they are too busy swallowing each other to talk. Jace set his glass down carefully.

Simon laughed, "trouble in paradise?" Jace glared at him, "Jace chill, I'm kidding." Simon continued as he tossed his hands in the air. Jace's eyes shifted to the dance floor.

"Yeah well she's not."

Clary looked over to him, "Have you guys had sex yet?" It sounded weird coming from her mouth, asking Jace if he and his new girlfriend had had sex yet. But it was a serious question. Jace and Simon turned to stare at her simultaneously. "What I'm saying is, maybe she doesn't want to yet. Have you?" Clary asked again, she still wasn't sure if she was drunk enough for this.

"Um-" Jace tried but found a lump in his throat. "No we haven't." Jace downed the rest of his drink before waving to the bar tender for another one.

"Have you been hinting at it?" Clary was definitely drunk now, not drunk enough but drunk. Jace nodded quietly, his shoulders sinking as he then realized what his mistake was.

Jace shot up from his seat and pushed through the crowd of Downworlders and Shadowhunters alike. He found Izzy and Emery now, both of them dancing with what seemed to be no cares at all. Jace made eye contact with Emery before dancing behind her. If he couldn't talk to her here he sure didn't want to ruin her night. So he would talk to her later.

Emery loved Jace, of that she was sure. She just didn't know if she wanted to take the next step yet. And he seemed pretty persistent on taking that step either tonight or sometime soon. Weren't they supposed to talk about this? Isn't that what couples do? They talk about things? Well she guessed they were talking about it, well he was. But not the way she wanted too.

For the rest of the night the couples danced without words to each other. Clary found a werewolf boy to dance with, his head buried in her neck all night. Alec and Magnus danced, but then disappeared for the night, up into Magnus' bedroom no doubt. Simon danced with Izzy awkwardly, Izzy was a goddess and he just wasn't. But she eventually got him drunk enough for them to dance body to body. Eventually Simon, Izzy, Emery, Jace and Clary all stumbled their way back to the Institute.

~~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1207
One last chapter