Flashbacks

A/N

Decided to make flashbacks so it wouldn't be too confusing

Although two readers already found out one of the flashbacks //scratches head awkwardly

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN POKÉMON BUT GOSH DAMMIT I SURE WOULD LIKE TO (┛ÒдÓ)┛彡┻━┻

-

【Sapphire's Flashback】

Sometimes...

The greatest love is letting go...

-

"How's it going with Ruby?" Winona asked, a smirk gliding across her lips. The Conquerer blushed a bit, but frowned as well, "It seems he forgot about everything..."
"But..." The blue-eyed girl continued.
"Don't chya have a thing for Wallace?" the brunette asked. The flying-type gym leader looked around, not sure if Sapphire was talking to her or not. "W-What!? No!" She calmed herself before continuing, "It wouldn't work out anyway... It's better to let it go..."

//cue Frozen music
//okay anyway back to the story, sorry

"Do ya think..."

"Hm? What, Sapphire?"

"Nothing..."

'Should I let go of Ruby, as too?'

-

"What? Sapphire moved to another region?" Ruby asked, panic in his voice. He was just visiting the Birch's house to see if they were there. "I'm sorry, Ruby. I would have told you, but we didn't know she left, either," Mrs. Birch replied.

"Wait, what?"

"Sapphire went missing today, leaving a note saying that she was going to be okay. She didn't mention where she left to, though."

'Does she not want to talk to me anymore...? Maybe I should stop talking to her?'

-

【May's Flashback】

I never really knew who she was, but I absolutely envied her. Now I find out who she really is, and I despise her even more.

-

"May, this is your new father," a girl's brown-haired mother smiled, gesturing to another slightly darker brown-haired man.

The turquoise-eyed girl nodded, a smile spreading across her face. "Hi, Daddy!"

-

Wiping the fake smile off her face, the six year old girl crawled into her new room. She let out a whimper, and then sniffles, then tears started escaping her eyes. When she was born, her father hated her. He never planned to have a child, but the couple accidentally had a child anyways. So May was an accidental child. Her father soon divorced, leaving the two females for the rest of his life.

Her mother married a man, some "Pokémon Professor".

"May! Come out of your room, your father has a gift for you!" She heard her mom call.

The young girl stood up, wiping away the tears, then walking out to see what awaited her. "Dear May, I hope you accept this," her step-father said. reaching out, he placed a red device into her hands. "Your mother told me you liked to watch those contests on television? They use Pokémon in those contests, and guess what? I have this encyclopedia, basically something that records something, called a Pokédex. It will record all of the data you find in your contests, and perhaps battles. Guess what? I'll give you a Torchic as well that you can use in your adventure! Would you like that?" May nodded up and down, a smile spreading across her face. "Ah, May, one more thing," he said, patting her on the head. "I also have a daughter from my late-wife. She's your age, and is quite girly. Right now, she's playing with one of the sons of Norman, a gym leader of Hoenn, so she can't meet you. I hope to get to know you better, May-"

Roars from a creature were heard, followed by screams. The brown haired man ran out of the door, yelling a name, but May couldn't remember the name. It was too long and complicated for someone her age to remember.

-

Later that night, she had learned that her sister had been attacked by a Salamence. May never remembered what her sister looked like, though.

When she and her sister reached the age of 10, her sister had gotten a Torchic as well. But, there was something that disturbed May. Her supposedly "girly" sister acted rather wildly, like an animal, or even worse...

Like a boy.

-

May never remembered her face after they parted ways, her sister on a journey to collect badges, but May going to collect ribbons. The red clad girl became rather famous, the popularity clogging her mind that she even forgot she had a sister. Maybe it wasn't the popularity, though, maybe she just didn't want to believe she had such a sister. Always used to being a center of attention, she couldn't have had a sister... Could she, now?

-

【Ruby's and Brendan's Flashback】

-

Brothers from different mothers. Literally.

-

"Ruby, Brendan, I think I need to tell you something..."

"What is it, Father?" The two boys asked in unison.

-

"Huh? So Ruby and I are from different mommies?" The gray-eyed one asked.

"That's correct, Ruby's mother died three days after he was born and after a week, I remarried and we had Brendan. Then we moved here. That's why Ruby is older than Brendan by about three quarters of a year," Norman replied, gesturing for the boys to leave now. "I have work to do, so if you excuse me-"

"You were having an affair with Brendan's mom before my mom died, right? How could you have just decided to marry a woman one week after your first wife died?" Ruby asked, his face with a dreadful glare, one that shot a billion daggers. Norman chuckled, "Oh. So you did know. I thought you were a clever kid, but-"

"How could you do that!?" Ruby shot an index finger that pointed at his father.

Norman's calm voice turned into a yell, before slapping his oldest son in the face, "SHUT UP! I don't care if you disagree with what happened, it's the past! I shouldn't have even told you in the first place!"

-

【All of their P.O.V.'s (I think that made sense, basically all of their reactions from the flashbacks)】

I woke up, my body covered in sweat. I know I had a terrible dream, but... What was it, exactly? What was it about? Why am I feeling so shaky now? Did I think of something bad?

-

A/N

Alright, so hopefully that cleared up some confusions and all. Ruby and Brendan are half brothers, and Sapphire and May are step-sisters. So actually, Ruby and Brendan are blood related so they aren't actually doppelgängers, but May and Sapphire are because they weren't born from the same parents. Bam.

I'll post an actual chapter tomorrow or the day after, dunno.

//Kamidere logged off