Part 1

Khushi was sitting on the poolside, clutching her blanket and pillow close to her chest.

Just then, there was another rumble of clouds followed by a sharp lightning. Khushi hid her face in the blanket, scared.

She peeked through the blanket to see the whole poolside engulfed in darkness. Hey DM, what happened to the lights, all of a sudden. She shivered with fear.

Another rumble and that was it. Khushi threw the blanket away and ran towards the French windows, almost falling after colliding with the recliner.

The room was dark too. Finding way through the room, she reached the bed where Arnav was sleeping peacefully.

Arnavji, Arnavji, wake up. Khushi shook his shoulders, trying to wake him up.

Huh? Arnav woke up, trying to acknowledge his surrounding. Khushi? You?

He could only see the outline of Khushi. What happened? Arnav asked, worried.

Arnavji, I - I , Khushi tried to say as Arnav took her hand and made her sit beside him on bed.

Khushi, kya hua? Tm itna dari hoi kyn ho? (What happened? Why are you so scared?)

Just then, there was another thundering sound followed by a sharp lightning making Khushi literally jump in fear.

She clutched Arnav's hand, piercing her nails in his palm. Arnav winced but didn't pulled his hand.

Instead, he used his free hand and pulled Khushi closer, almost side hugging her. He could feel her shivering.

Moving his hand on her arm, he tried to shush her. Ssshhh, Khushi. I am right here. Sssshhhh. Calm down. There is nothing to be afraid of.

Seeing Khushi still not responding, Arnav reached for the side lamp but it didn't glow.

What the! He exclaimed. Fuse, he muttered and reached for his phone, thinking to use it's flashlight. Shining it on Khushi, he saw tear stricken face of his wife.

Talk to me, Khushi. Kya hua hai? (What happened?)

Wo wo, Ar- Arnav--ji, tofaan.(storm)

Finally Arnav understood what made his wife of one week afraid in the middle of the night.

Oh. After he pause he added, don't worry, Khushi. It won't do anything. Don't be afraid.

But it seemed that Khushi was not in the state to understand anything!!

Ham - hamein tofaan se bht dar lagta hai, Arnavji. Khushi whispered, leaning towards Arnav. (I am afraid of storms.)

Sssshhh. Koi baat nai, Khushi. Mein hun na. Kuch nai hoga. Daro nai. Sssshhh. He brought her closer to his body and hugged her, patting her hairs. (There is nothing. I am here. Nothing will happen. Don't be afraid.)

He felt Khushi relax a little in his arms and she hugged his torso.

Few moments passed and with another rumble and lightning, it started raining cats and dogs.