Chapter: 1

Tristan's POV

"Catch me Tris" she called running away from me. She looked like an angel in her white summer dress with her dark hairs whipping past as she ran into the lavender fields.

"You know I will catch you sweetheart" I said running after she yelped when she saw I was gaining on her. After few more seconds I caught her from behind. She giggled when I caught her.

"This is not fair you have long legs"
she playfully glared at me.

"I love you Iris" I said looking into her beautiful eyes. She blushed and a smile graced her lips.

"I love you too Tris" this was the first time we exchanged I love yous. I was so happy that I scooped her up and started spinning her. She was laughing at my antics when I got her down I kissed her without wasting a second.

I kissed her lovingly we were enjoying the kiss when suddenly I felt pain in my cheek I looked up to see she had slapped me.
I looked around my surroundings we were no longer in the lavender fields but we are in the living room our small house.
The person standing in front of me was not the Iris I love, not my wife who always looks at me with love in her eyes.

The Iris infront of me has cold eyes instead of love there was disgust and hatred in her eyes.

"I want divorce." she said venomously.

"What are you talking about, love? We love each other why are you asking for divorce. What about our son he is only eight he needs a mother. I need you." I was perplexed by her sudden change of behavior.

"These are the divorce papers. I have already signed them you should sign them too" she passed the folder to me ignoring my question completely.

"I will not sign them until you tell me why do you want divorce."

"You are asking me why I want divorce" she snickered at me.
"You are a low life scum. You don't have money. You can't even buy me expensive things. We live in this sh*t hole you call home. When I married you I thought you will become successful but you are still a low paid employee. I don't have time for you when I could be out there finding someone better than you. And that child of yours you can keep him I don't want some unwanted baggage. He is a stupid little brat who is too clingy."

I looked her with many emotions anger, hurt, devastation but I focused on my anger most because I couldn't afford to breakdown in front of this vile woman if not for myself then for my son. I have to be strong no matter how much it breaking me apart.
I took the divorce papers and signed them.

"I hate you" those were my final words to my ex-wife.

"Good" she said her emotionless face still intact but her eyes betrayed her her eyes held sadness and another emotion I can't identify.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Tristan wake up" I woke up to someone shaking me.
I sat up trying to clear my head of that dream it was not exactly a dream it was a memory and my messed up brain decided it was a good idea to merge the best and worst day of my life together. I found my fiance waking me up. I smiled at her and kissed her.

"Good Morning. Where are you all ready up to go" I asked when I noticed she was dressed up to head out somewhere.

"I'm going to Paris for a few days because I have a photoshoot I will be back in few days."
Scarlett Andrews, my fiance replied. She is a model. Her blonde hair and green eyes gives her a look of innocence. That's what drawed me towards her.

I kissed her once more pulling away I went to see her off to the front door. Before getting in her car she turned to look at me with a familiar emotion. I saw her eyes trying to capture all my features like she wanted to imprint it in her memory. Like she doesn't want to go but she has to.

Watching her car disappear from my view I realized that was the same emotion I saw in my ex-wife's eyes the last time I saw her.
It's been four years but sometimes you can't forget somethings no matter how much you wanted to.

So how was the chapter? Comment about your impression of this chapter and
I hoped you liked it
If you liked it please vote. (Just click on the star to show your support)

----- ♥ Valerie ♥