Chapter : 4

Julian's POV :

We all need our mother. We need the care and love she gives us. Some people are fortunate to have a wonderful mother, some are unfortunate because they don't have mother but I guess the most unlucky ones are the one who have a mother but minus the loving and caring part just like me. You may think that I'm making a big deal about it but try to put yourself in my place. It's hard to accept that your own mother hates you, that you are unwanted by the person who is supposed to love you the most. When I heard my parents conversation that day I was so heartbroken how could my say that I was an unwanted baggage. After she left I cried myself to sleep every night wishing that she was with me kissing my forehead and telling me to have sweet dreams. I used to sit on porch every night for weeks wishing that she would come back embrace me in her arms tell me she would never leave me but after an hour or so I would start crying because some where in my heart I knew she wasn't coming back. When dad comes from work he would find me crying me on the porch he would rush to me and hug me tightly and reassure me that he will always be with me. I would go to church every weekend and pray to God to return my mom I promise to be a good boy. I observed other children of my age how they had a mother who loves them unconditionally I would get so jealous. As the time passed that jealousy turned into bitterness and then hatred. I stopped crying and I stopped praying and focused only on one emotion, anger.
As I followed that receptionist, 'Penelope' as her name tag read, I'm nervous so very nervous and afraid and angry. I may hate her but I still never want to see that hatred in her eyes. What would she say when she saw us-

"Why haven't you guys visited earlier?"   she asked pulling me back from my mental rambling. Huh? What does she mean by visited earlier? I guess dad was also wondering the same thing.

"What do you mean earlier?"  he asked her coldly.

"Yes, you know with Drew when he comes for his monthly visits. You could have meet him, he had just left an hour earlier. She looks so alive and happy when he visits."  she said the last part sadly.
Drew? As in uncle Drew? He visited her and that to every month. Is she the friend he goes to visit? Is she the same friend who always sends me present on my birthday and Christmas, one of my favorite presents.

"Drew? As in her brother?"   dad asked clearly as surprised as me.

"Of course her brother, she hasn't told me about any other Drew"  she said with a small chuckle.
We reached some hallway where rooms were bigger and very few people were around.

"Do doctors have there own room in this hospital?"    I asked looking at my surroundings.

"No. Why would they live at hospital?"    she asked slightly confused by my question.

"So where are you taking us?"    dad asked her with a hint of anger in his voice. Instead of answering she stopped in front of a door.

"I think she would probably be sleeping right now so you can't talk to her but if you want you can go inside. I would give you people some privacy."   she said and walked away.
Dad looked at and I nodded my head silently telling him to open the door. I'm feeling like something bad is about to happen. And as the door opened I was speechless.

The room was medium size not too big not too small, walls were dark purple colour there was a bed in the middle and a table beside bed an IV stand next to it on the other side of bed there was a table with chocolate and flowers on it. The flowers were fresh roses. And there was a female figure on bed her back facing to us but it wasn't most surprising thing. The thing that baffled me was photos lots and lots of photograps they covered almost every walls of room. Me and dad looked at each other not believing what we were seeing. They were pictures of us me, dad and some even have Scarlett. It was like a recap of last four years of our life there were photos of everything and I do mean Everything like the photos of my first soccer game, my school play, dad's first company, his first award and even his and Scarlett's engagement photos were there, I turned so see dad he was also looking around looking at each photos. I turned to look at the person on bed her long black hairs were dead giveaway that she is indeed my mother, her even breathing indicating that she is sleeping. I felt someone squeezing my hand lightly I looked towards my dad and we slowly went towards the side she was facing. As soon as I saw her face I gasped audibly.
She wasn't looking healthy, she looked pale there were dark circles under her eyes and she has become thin she always was petite but now she looked sickly thin. But then another thing caught my eyes the wet trail on her cheeks like she had cried herself to sleep I also  noticed a photo frame in her hand I looked closely and noticed it was our family photo when we all had been together and happy. There were a few teardrops on the photo frame. I'm overwhelmed by all of this. I'm imagined a lot of scenarios in mind but this wasn't one of them. She hate us so why does she have our photos why does she kept update on us after all these years. And why was she holding that photo so close to her like it meant the world to her. And why the hell was she looking so sick and frail. What hell is happening?

"Dad... " my voice held a tremor. He looked at me his eyes held many emotions just as he was going to reply the door opened.
I looked up as the door opened and a man entered his appearance told us that he is doctor his eyes widened in recognition when he saw us.

"What the hell is going on in here?"  dad asked his voice hard as if he is trying to control his emotions.

"Come outside I'll explain everything."   said the doctor as he motioned us outside dad took a quick look at mom and followed him outside.

Next chapter will reveal the secrets (not all).
This story is coming to end probably only 3 or 4 chapters are left.

Thank You for reading 😊😊😊
       💙💙I hope you enjoyed it💙💙

Please Vote and Comment

----- ♥ Valerie