Chapter : 6

Iris POV :

Life is a strange thing it brings you down when you are most happy, when you are at the happiest you could ever get. Life puts obstacles for everyone some of us have to face them in childhood and some of us have to face them in old age. I never had any hardship during my childhood infact my childhood was something to envy for. I had loving mom, caring dad and an awesome but overprotective brother. We weren't super rich but we were average. Everything was great. In highschool I was a nerd I always have a book with me. Then I met Tristan, he was everything that I was not he was popular even though he wasn't rich like rest of the populars in the school, he was outgoing. We meet and we just clicked. We strangers to best friends to lovers and finally husband and wife. We married when we were young and naive but we never fell apart. Our love never fading and then we had Julian, our son. When I told Tristan about my pregnancy he was so happy. He even cried when he held our son for the first time. Jules was perfect he was so cute and happy baby that it was impossible for me stay away from him so I dropped out of college and became a housewife. I worked at a bakery but after having Jules it was impossible for me to work anymore. We were financially unstable we were depended on Tristan. And trust me it's hard to find job that could help us because no one wanted a college going man to work for their company. But Tristan got a job the pay wasn't great but it was something. After graduating he applied for a higher post and he got the job. It was a relief. Julian was seven now he had started going school my son was smart for his age. I started working at a flower shop. Everything was rainbow and sunshine. I was happy but nothing could have prepared me for the turn of events that my life was about to take. It was so sudden one day on work my stomach started hurting I ignored it but it kept increasing it reached to a point where every breath was starting to hurt. I decided to go to a local hospital. I told the doctor about my condition he told me to get some blood tests done and prescribed someone pain killers. The results came a day later. When I saw them I know my life was about to change but not in a good way.
I have cancer, it was just so unbelievable. Never in million years I expected it. Doctor told me there are very low chances of survival. I started taking medicine from that day hoping that maybe I will get better. I should have known better. I remember our last marriage anniversary it was great I wanted to tell Tristan about my illness but I couldn't do it he loved me too much to let me go. I started having pains on my stomach they were getting frequent I told about it to my doctor he suggested a surgery, a very expensive one. I know if Tristan got to know about it he will spend every single penny he has for my treatment and still there would be no guarantee that I will get better. It will destroy his future. He deserves so much in his life. He already has suffered so much in his life. He lost his parents in an accident. When he was 18 it was a devastating for him. So I came up with a plan. A devastating horrible plan. I told him hurtful things still he didn't signed the divorce papers so I used the my last weapon I told him that I don't love him or our son,  that I was just using him. It did work he signed the divorce papers. I will never forgive myself for the hurtful things I said about him and our son. It was so hard to act so hateful and selfish but I remind myself that it's for their own good. Saying goodbye was the hardest part I couldn't even hold my cruel facade. I know this goodbye is really a good bye. I disappeared after that. I couldn't actually do it on my own my brother helped me. He is the only family member who knows about my illness and he also was my informant. All over the years that I left my family he has been keeping me updated he even managed to get pictures of them. My whole room is filled with their pictures. They were sad few months after I left then they got normal and started living there life. They even hate me well duh what else did I expect after what I have done. I found this hospital few months later it was like a ray of hope. Apparently the owner of this hospital has built this hospital in the honor of his wife who also died due to cancer. This hospital provides every facility for cancer patients free of charge except for some surgeries. At that time everything was bittersweet. Then came the news of Scarlett Andrews, a super model, and everything thing turned bitter. The first time I heard about her was in a magazine. There were some rumors that she was dating Tristan they were seen together a few times. I brushed it off but then they were seen together more frequently and final thing to confirm my suspicions was the photo of them kissing. When my brother came for his monthly visits I asked him were these pictures true. I already know the answer but still I was hoping that he would deny it. I seriously have to stop hoping because it always end up badly. My brother told me that indeed they were dating and it was serious. I couldn't explain how I felt that day it was like getting stabbed in heart with a pointed knife and with my own hands. I turned bitter. I started hating God, I stopped praying, I even threw my cross locket which I wore from childhood. I started hating myself and my fate. I was even rude to doctors and nurses. I even stopped taking my medication. It wasn't a thing that I should have done because my health started getting worse and worse. I even had an attack. Dr Black, my doctor told me that I should stop this stupid act right now because I don't have time for it in my life and he meant it literally. After that talk with my doctor I realized how stupid I was behaving and I got myself together and promised him that I won't repeat it again. It was painful to when I got the news of their engagement but I kept my promise and didn't do something irrational. Their engagement party was a huge event there were many pictures of them. No matter how much it hurts me to see them but they looked great together. There was this picture of them Scarlett was looking at the camera a beautiful smile on her face Tristan was also smiling a look of love and happiness on his face but he wasn't looking at the camera he was looking at her. That was the photo that broke my heart call me sadistic but I placed the photo on the wall facing the bed. I wanted to hate her but she was good she took care of my family. Julian accepted her in his eyes if anyone is his mother figure it wouldn't be me it would be her. I wouldn't want anyone to go through that feeling.

I woke up a few minutes earlier. I was thinking about everything in my life. These days I'm getting tired easily. Every task seems like a burden. I know my end is near I can feel it. My brother visited me a few hour earlier I wonder if it is the last time I saw him. I think he knows it too that my end is near because he started visiting frequently and he stays for longer duration. Would Tristan and Julian even know that I died. Would my mom and dad know that after some time they will have single child. I was thinking all these thoughts when the door opened.
No this couldn't be, because standing at the door are Tristan and Julian their eyes red and teary I blinked my eyes a few times I looked at Dr. Black. No this is not true they can't be here even the thought of them being here is absurd. This is just an illusion, I'm hallucinating.

"Dr. Black I think there is something wrong with me I'm hallucinating. Looks like my end is coming nearer"

I said with a humorless chuckle. But what doctor said left me shocked.

"Iris you aren't hallucinating they are really here"

Thank you guys for 100+ views 😊😊

Hey Guys, I'm sorry for this super late update 😌😌😌😓😓😓

I hope you liked this chapter 😊😊😊

Vote and comment

-----♥ Valerie♥