7: Michael in the Bathroom

Call from Michael Mell to Jared Kleinman

“Mikey! Happy Halloween! How's my-”

“I...I-I need…*sniff*-”

“Oh my God. I'm driving down right now. Just sit tight, alright? I'll be there as soon as I can. I promise. Just give me two hours.”

Michael did nothing but sob. Jared hung up the phone and hurried to New Jersey. As Jared predicted, it took almost two hours to get there - a little less because he was speeding. He used the location tracker on his phone to find Michael’s location.

Once he got there, he saw Jeremy leaving the party. He would deal with him later. Right now, Michael was his priority. He got out of his car and ran into the house, where hundreds of people he didn't know were drunk, high, or both. Some guy was screaming about Mountain Dew Red, but everyone thought he was drunk, but Jared knew better.

That guy probably had a Squip thing too and he wanted to get it out.

He wasn't important right now.

“Michael!?” Jared called over the noise, but couldn't hear a response.

When Michael was about to have a panic attack, he'd usually go to the bathroom. Especially at a party filled with strangers.

Jared searched everywhere for a bathroom and he found it on the floor he was on when he found a locked door and some girl commented, “He's been in there forever. He's on his period.”

The comment confused him a little, but he got over it quickly and lightly knocked on the door as to not scare Michael.

“I...I’M ON MY PERIOD!” he heard Michael cry out.

“Really? I thought that was a girl thing!” Jared called back.

He heard a gasp and footsteps quickly coming closer. The door clicked unlocked and it opened showing a red-faced, puffy-eyed, still crying Michael with a sad, but relieved smile.

“You...you came, you really came,” Michael sniffled as more tears fell down his cheeks.

“Of course I did. Did you think I would leave you all alone like this?” Jared asked

Michael ran into him and hugged him tightly.

“Can you...I wanna go home,” Michael whimpered.

“Okay, okay, baby cousin, I’ll take you home,” Jared wrapped his arms around Michael and picked him up like a toddler.

The ride to Michael’s house was quiet, the occasional sniffle from Michael and the soft music playing on the radio. It didn’t take long to get to the house and by the time they got there, Michael was on the verge of tears again.

Poor kid was probably reliving what happened.

“Come on, Mikey,” Jared grabbed his cousin’s hand and squeezed gently. “We’re here.”

Michael said nothing as he opened his car door, released Jared’s hand, and silently walked up to his house. Jared frowned and followed the sad teen into the house and down to the basement. Michael flopped onto his bed stomach first and let out loud sobs and wails. Honestly, Jared was afraid. He didn’t know what he should do. Would Michael want him to comfort him? He hoped he did because that’s what he did.

“Shh, shh, baby cousin, it’s alright,” Jared quietly cooed.

It took about fifteen minutes for Michael to calm down to the point where he was just sniffling and hiccuping.

“J-Jared?” Michael hiccuped.

“I’m right here,” Jared stroked Michael’s back with one hand and ran his fingers through his hair with the other. Michael’s head was on Jared’s lap. “Are you ready to tell me what happened?”

“J-J-Jere...Heere confirmed that he didn’t want to be my friend anymore,” Michael sniffled.

“What?” Jared asked through gritted teeth.

“He called me a loser...I was trying to help him...I told him about how the Squip was dangerous, but...he just yelled at me, accused me of being jealous that I didn’t have one, and then called me a loser,” Michael ranted.

Jared growled angrily, but took a deep breath to control his anger. He resisted the urge to find Jeremy and punch the living daylights out of him.

“Jared, I know what you're thinking, but...p-please don't hurt Heere,” Michael sniffled.

“I wasn't thinking about-"

“Yes you were. You have that murderous glint in your eyes,” Michael commented. “I appreciate the thought, though. And I really appreciate that you came all the way down here for me.”

“You know I'd do anything for you, cousin,” Jared smiled at the tired-looking boy in his lap. “You've had a rough night. Go ahead and sleep.”

Michael sighed and did just that. Jared admired his cousin before carefully grabbing his phone and pulling up the chat app.

Neo has added HeereisaJerk to private chat ‘I'm gonna kill you’.

Neo changed his name to ‘#pissed’

#pissed: Heere, you've really done it this time!

HeereisaJerk: what?

#pissed: don't u dare act all innocent! You hurt Michael!

HeereisaJerk: oh, u heard about that, huh?

#pissed: did u think I wouldn't have?!

#pissed: I'm in Jersey with my couz sleeping in my lap. He called me because he was on the verge of a panic attack because his supposedly best friend just called him a loser.

#pissed: Heere, you better have a good explanation!

HeereisaJerk: I don't have to explain myself to you. It's nice you came down to check on your cousin, but I for one have a life and reputation to uphold.

#pissed: wow...you don't even sound like yourself anymore. That Squip thing’s really got u wrapped around its computer finger, huh?

HeereisaJerk: I assume Michael told you about him too.

#pissed: Heere? Is that even still you?

#pissed: you sound way too formal. R u possessed? Is the Squip taking over?

HeereisaJerk: goodbye, Jared.

#pissed: Heere, don't you dare leave this chat!

HeereisaJerk has left the private chat.

#pissed: YOU'RE A F**KING COWARD!

HeereisaJerk has blocked contact ‘#pissed’

“Son of a b**ch. F**king d**mit.” Jared quietly cursed, cradling Michael’s head.

On the other side of the phone, Jeremy was sleeping, unaware of what the Squip had done.

~~~

(1015 words)

Are you guys even reading this??? Vote/comment please. Bye