The truth lies in your heart

Jessica:

I stammered, should I tell her. No, definitely not. I sighed, why am I telling her again. I don't even know her name. 
'When I opened my eyes again. Mum was gone and so was every light. There was no difference between open eyes and closed eyes. I started knocking on what I thought was the door. No one answered and I thought, I thought that mama would come and safe me. I had forgotten that she was caught as well.' I almost started crying again. What did I start?
'No one came for me. Nor my mum neither any of the pirates. Of course I didn't know that back then. I still don't exactly know how long I have been there, but when they finely came I was terrified. They pulled me upstairs unto the deck. Finely I could see the sun again. At least that's what I thought, but it had already become night. There were only stars. Not even the moon. It was dark, but that was the only thing I was afraid of. The stars were already fading away because the sun would soon start rising. I thought, no I was sure that they had finely come to an understanding, that it was all a big mistake and that they would let us go. I looked around in the dark and found my mum way to close to the sea. I tried running to her and I could. My brain let all the alarm bells ringing. I hugged my mum relieved. She was alright, now everything would fine. Suddenly the ship started moving. It was so sudden that I fell on top of my mother. I laughed about it, meanwhile trying to stop those irritating alarm bells.' 
Again I stopped for a moment. I told her. I told her I was scared of the dark. What would she think about me being scare of such a stupid thing?
 I hadn't realised that I started talking faster and again really detailed. Standing there in that alley I couldn't help myself for bringing my hand to my chest. Back then my grandmother her grandmother's necklace hung there. Then I realised why I was doing this, why I told her the truth and not a made up story. I wanted to be like her. I wanted to be able to see my mum. Being able to have friends... No I shouldn't think about that. I saw the girl looking at me. I was probably staring and she wanted to hear the rest. Still she hadn't said a thing, just listened. Just before I went on at a slower pace, I tasted something salty.
'I helped my mum getting up, still hugging her as if my life depended on it. I told her I was sorry about how I had been. All this time my mum said nothing, just stroke my back. I wanted to tell her that I loved her and that I would be a better child for her, but I never got the chance.'
I hesitated and almost lost control of myself, but I refound myself and went on without looking straight at her. 
'They pulled me away from her and pushed her into the sea. They said that if I didn't behave perfect enough that they would hurt of even kill more of those who are dear to me. Now you know my whole story. Now you can go away! Go see your family!' 
'Jessica?' 
What's with her? I told her my story like she asked me to. Why didn't she leave me? Still I could not ignore her and looked at her. Her eyes where filled with tears and her face was totally wet. Why was she crying? It was not like she knew how I felt. It was not that something like this happened to her. No she was just crying because of that stupid story of mine. I didn't need her compassion, right? 
I looked in her eyes and saw that she glanced hopefully at me. Why? But then I saw her outstretched hand. Why did she want a hand from me? Carefully I put my hand in hers. 
'Milla,' she said smiling.
First I thought I didn't hear it correctly, but she really said Milla. Her name, probably. When she saw I understood and accepted it. She pulled me with her till the place where I obstructed her from running to her mother. She stopped, let go of my hand and started picking up the bag with food and everything that had fallen out of it. After that she gave it to me and asked me to come with her. She ASKED!  I couldn't say one single word. I shook my head. I wouldn't come with her. Then I felt myself nodding. I wasn't shaking, I was nodding! There was no way back now. 
'Dry your tears. You're still my niece. If they ask you why you have cried, you say that you don't want me to leave. I will do the rest.' I heard Milla say something more, but the meaning never reached my brain. Milla dried her tears as well. After that she took my hand again and we together we went towards her granny's. I felt how a little door in my heart was opened, just a little. It told me nothing would be the same after that moment.

THE END...

Well, that was my first story. I would love to know what you think of the ending. I just couldn't decide whether I would make an open-ended story or not. Of course I would love to hear your true view of this story. 
That's me for now.
Aihna