Sweetwater River

Sweetwater River

The Night Before

It was the night of July  3rd, that evening Jason blossom had knocked on Cheryls large doors asking for permission to come in. Jason had slowly walked into his sister's room.

"Cheryl make sure to get enough rest we will be leaving in a few hours thank you for doing this..." he had softly whispered into his twins ear.

Cheryl looked into Jason's eyes and said "Anything for you my dear brother". These were the last words they shared that night before next morning's boat ride which would leave Jason blossom missing.....

July 4th

It was now right before dawn and the Blossom twins were silently standing at the door. Jason in his white shirt and Cheryl in a beautiful white matching dress with exquisite white gloves to compliment her outfit. But most of all Cheryls red lipstick had made the biggest statement of all. It was a sad and painful experience for Cheryl as she knew what was coming. But what could she do, their parents were insane and it was completely understandable why her dear brother had wanted to run away.

The boat was hooked onto the red vintage car they would take down to Sweetwater River that peaceful morning. This was where they would row to the other and Jason would leave Riverdale forever to start his own life. Even before they had left Cheryl had some tears welling up.
Losing a brother yet alone a twin was very saddening some would have said traumatising but the way Cheryl had kept herself calm was that she knew that at least her dear brother would be safer in the outside world rather than in their parents house.

They both got into the car, Jason got into the driver's seat and Cheryl had gotten into the passenger seat. Although Cheryl couldn't stop herself from worrying, she had always admired the view on the way to Sweetwater River. The landscape was mesmerizing and anybody who saw it would say the same. One would say it gave off a relaxing aura which was quite useful in their situation.

Once they had arrived at the riverbank the Blossom twins gave each other one last long hug which spoke more than just a few words. It was a goodbye and stay safe hug, although they still had the other side of Sweetwater River to say goodbye too. It broke Jason's heart to leave his sister but it had to be this way. There were no other ways he could escape without his parents tracking them down.

So as the sun rose Cheryl and Jason rowed to the other side of the river where they both got out and said one last word to each other.
"Goodbye my dear brother" Cheryl had barely managed to say in between tears.

"I love you my beautiful sister, promise me you'll always stay safe?" Was the last thing Jason said and Cheryl just nodded as a way to say 'yes I promise'.

This was the story of how two very connected siblings separated forever....