Chapter 8: I Have Found You!

"Hey! Let me out of this room, Nami!" Luffy screamed his lung off while his hand was banging the giant wooden door of his room.

"No can do, Luffy. You are grounded until there are any further order." the orange haired girl replied from behind the closed door. The ravenette grumbled, "And don't even try to run away from your window. I have Brook and Sanji patrolling down there to make sure you don't even have the mind to plan any sort of escape."

Damn it! Luffy cursed silently.

He walked around his room several times. His head was full of the thought from last night. After Zorro had saved him from drowning and after his totally embarrassing question, the older man had left him unanswered. He remembered how Zorro swiftly wrapped him with his coat and how that pair of big and strong and firm hands had brought him back to the castle. Chopper was shocked to find both of them drenched like a wet kitten, especially the drenched ravenette. He immediately gave him an intensive care and stabilized him. The analgesic given by the young doctor successfully thrown Luffy into a sleeping state sooner than he hope to be. Leaving his question remained unanswered even until the next day.

A soft knock could be heard from the wooden door followed by a soft click. Chopper came in with some of his medical instrument. "Morning, Luffy. How are you feeling?"

"Awful..." the ravenette answered in a dejected tone. The younger boy immediately ran toward the bedside, panic obvious in his face, "Where are you feeling uncomfortable? Do you feel nausea? Or maybe headache? Do yo--"

"No, no. I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday night already, Chopper. Don't worry" Luffy started, earning a relieved sigh from his friend, "I just need to meet Zorro..." he added in the end.

Chopper's eyes grew wide and he looked down. "Actually about that..."

"What's wrong, Chopper?"

The brown haired boy looked troubled but he finally said it in a crackled voice, "King Shanks is currently talking with King Roronoa."

"Yeah?"

"And since yesterday, there had been an issue whether your wedding should be continued..." Chopper gulped, "or not."

Luffy's face turned into pure shock. It was the first time he had ever known that his Dad would change his mind easily like this. He could recall how stubborn he was when he opposed it. But why now?

"Why?" Luffy asked. He couldn't say that he didn't feel relieve hearing that, but a part of his heart ache.

Chopper shook his head, "For now the deal is put on halt, at least there won't be any war in the near future." Luffy smiled, he knew how his friend hate the war. It hurt Chopper heart to see hurt and sick people. And also he  hate how busy he got every time their country soldiers went to a battlefield.

"But, Chopper, am I seriously a house arrest now?" Luffy protested, "You know how I hate to be confined." 

And he had to talk to the green king ASAP. 

No matter whether he was still engaged to him or not, no, there wasn't even any connection between this and that. He just wanted to know. Was he that boy? He could swear the older man actually heard him last night, but why wouldn't he say anything back then?

Luffy sighed.

The young doctor's brown eyes observed his friend's, it was rare to see him this dejected since he was told that he was engaged. "What's wrong, Luffy? It isn't like this is the first time you are being a house arrest" Chopper said, suspicious clear in his voice.