Awakening

"Where am I?"

"WHO am I?"

"What-"

Dozens of questions run through Karna's mind. Well, at least he can sort of answer one of them. He is Karna... whatever that's supposed to mean.

He sits up in the alleyway he was in for some reason. He looks down at the T-shirt and jeans he's in... something about this outfit feels wrong too, he also feels something about his age is wrong, but he has bigger issues. Like making sure he finds a way to live, wherever and whoever he is.

He comes out of the alley and looks up. The sun is bright. So bright today that no one trying to avoid eye damage would look up like this without shading their eyes somehow. Yet Karna is not pained by it. Actually it gives him some calm in this odd situation. It had also given him a sense of where to go, though he's not sure why.

North. The north end of this island, where after that, well he doesn't know but he is certain of that much at least

He begins the walk there. This type of city feels different but not unknown to him. As if he had read a very accurate and detailed book defining everything here then been thrown into the world he had read about

Karna was watching one of the food trucks while walking when suddenly he gets a feeling. This isn't known to him now but it's the instinct of a hero who fought on many battlefields and defeated many worthy warriors. Had he retained memories he'd recognize this as the feeling of pursuit, SOMETHING has its eyes on him. In this self it's enough to get him increasing his pace wherever he can without bumping into the crowd.