The game

"Essentially we're supporting the Athena cabin against the Zeus cabin in a non lethal fight to capture each other's flag?"

"You got it. Ah, don't expect EVERYONE to follow the rules though. It's rare but there have been occasions of campers using the edge of their weapons instead of the flats."

Karna nods in understanding as they come through the tree line

The campers had gathered. He sees they had gathered around flags, one with an owl and one with a lightning bolt. The owl one is of course where they would be going

Karna hadn't memorized ALL the team members yet but he remembers that Aphrodite and Hephaestus cabins are supporting the Zeus cabin, apparently this is a fairly common arrangement because of the counselors knowing each other, while Athena is supported by Hermes and of course Apollo

The Athena counselor, his name is Malcolm, looks at them coming "Just in time for your part. We want one of your campers to defend the flag with one of ours. A good archer is always welcome in defense."

Will looks at them "You want to give it a try, new guy?"

Karna shrugs "I'll take whatever role you give me."

"Alright. Go to the table, Chiron will help get you equipped."

Karna does as directed, going to the table

"Ah, Karna. I assume you will be wanting a bow. This one should serve you well."

Karna is handed one about the right size for him as well as a quiver of blunted arrrows

Chiron tells him "Don't worry about the balance. Hephaestus campers made them and Apollo campers tested them to make them the same as a normal arrow."

Karna nods in acknowledgement and they move onto armor

Soon the two teams head to set up. The Athena campers had found a cliff that would be highly defendable. Unapproachable from one side and still pretty steep from the other. It also fulfills the requirement of visibility just fine.

The games are started and the offensive squads run off with a cheer.

Karna silently watches the surrounding areas. With him is the Athena camper, he had introduced himself as Jack.

Then they see two campers who had made it past the border guards, Ares campers.

The Athena member moves to intercept and Karna draws one of his arrows. The arrow is fired and hits one of the attacker's... sensitive area.

That's one down right away. Maybe a low blow but it's nothing permanent

Then the remaining one reaches the defender and a duel begins. Karna can't get many clear good shots on the Ares camper. An occasional arrow to stun them or redirect the course of their weapon.

Then he hears something from behind. Like wind is suddenly moving much faster than before. He looks and sees Jason.

Karna fires 3 arrows but they're all redirected. Of course. He can manipulate wind

He puts the bow over his torso then jumps backwards to avoid the landing attack Jason makes

"The enemy leader himself. I'm honored."

It sounds sarcastic but Karna means it sincerely

"Ok. I don't want to injure the guy who I just saved so-"

He's cut off as suddenly Karna moves in with a punch.

Jason side steps the attack then swings the flat of the blade at Karna

Karna is guided by his instincts once more. With his right hand armor he stops the attack then with his left hand he strikes again. A quick straight punch that impacts against his chest, this is followed up by a knee strike to wind him and also just inflict more damage

Jason steps back a few times as he recovers. Karna takes a proper pose

"Alright... guess we're doing this the hard way then."

The two engage in battle again. Neither has a definitive advantage as they exchange blows.

Then suddenly Karna makes a misstep. He accidentally steps too close to the edge which makes him slip off.

Jason quickly reacts and jumps after him, yet the ground is closer

Karna then remembers his fire, the warmth of the sun. "My father..." fire shoots out from his back, vaguely forming the shape of wings. It slows him down enough to land uninjured at which point the fiery wings fade away.

Jason lands next to him "What-" he's once again interrupted though, this time by cheering and yelling.

Will runs across the border, winning the game for the Athena alliance.