Preparations

Karna sits outside of the house where the cabin heads are discussing this new info with the praetors, senators, and centurions of camp Jupiter

Marie sits beside him. The two had been told to wait out here.

Eventually Piper opens the door. "You guys can come in now."

Both stand and walk into the meeting room

When they're settled in Reyna ask Marie "You are the one who was possessed, yes?"

She nods

"Can you tell us exactly what you saw? We need to confirm if it matches up with the actual scene or not."

"Yes." She begins speaking about it. The battle she had seen

City, potentially world, destroying blows being launched at each other. Visibility lowering from the sheer number of arrows in the air. The charioteers saving their archers more than a few times. Then finally...

"It ended when Karna's chariot got stuck. Arjuna fired an arrow at him as he was trying to lift it out of the earth."

Chiron nods in confirmation that this was indeed accurate

Conversation immediately begins as everyone tries to say their thoughts on this. It was especially ridiculous how they flung around divine weapons like that

Karna shakes his head "No... I feel as if something happened... something that'll have taken that away."

Chiron agrees "Yes, in a later part it is established that Vrishaketu is the final wielder of godly weapons. Of course, Greek story says that the age of heroes was supposed to end long ago so perhaps modern sources are not the most reliable."

There's some more discussion and then it's decided.

Chiron turns to them "Normally we wait for a prophecy to do this but recently that has not been an option. Karna, I want you to take two others and search for this possible camp. That is, if you know where to look."

Karna thinks about it, he doesn't feel any particular magical connection to a Hindu camp or anything, but... he goes outside and looks at the sun once again. He closes his eyes and after a moment speaks "West... that's all I can say for now but I think I'll be able to tell more later on. I would like one of the two I take to be Marie if she does not mind."

"Are you sure? No offense but didn't she try to kill you not even a week ago?" Jason points out

"We and the spirit Peregrine have handled that already. At the least, Arjuna shall not use her body again." Lou Ellen assures them

"I have faith in your magic and the girl herself. My final decision is to take her if she wishes to go."

Marie just shrugs. She wouldn't really mind going or staying. Especially since it seems being in the camp won't keep her safe from possession anyway.

So the first of his companions was decided

"Ok, so, what about your third?" One of the counselors ask

"Haven't thought of it yet."

"You'll have some time to think, but try not to take too long." Chiron tells them

After the rest of the meeting and walking a bit Karna ask his new companion "Is there anyone you'd like to take?"

"No one in particular"

Karna considers asking one of his cabin-mates but... no, if they have two demigods specializing in archery and one in magic/ghosts it would be a problem if an enemy skilled in melee were to close the distance

"I guess we could gather as many campers as possible and ask them all"

"That won't be necessary" A new voice speaks from behind

They turn. Standing there was another female camper, she has red hair and sky blue eyes.  Karna recognizes her, at least her cabin he hasn't learned her name or anything really about her yet, from her body build. Tall and muscular, a daughter of Ares. Although her body seems to be more lean, not as "in your face" "I could kill you by squeezing your head with my bare hands", as her siblings

"That is, if you'll have me. Don't worry. I've heard the details.

"Certainly. Although I must say after what I heard of your cabin and my defeat of two of your campers I wasn't expecting volunteers from your cabin"

"Yeah, well. I can see why you'd think that. Bunch of knuckleheads, even if they are family. Or perhaps it's because of that. That would fit the whole 'idiot brothers and sisters' thing. Anyway, name's Brenda."

"A pleasure to meet you. Where do these quests usually start?"

"Right up at the top of the hill, but that'll be tomorrow."

Karna nods "Then we'll meet there tomorrow"

The 3 exchange goodbyes then go to their cabins for their final night before heading out into the west