Chapter 3: Secrets

Sorry for any errors!
~

"Never again!" Ash said sitting up in his hospital bed. He saw Pikachu on the bed opposite him. The room was small and had 2 windows on either side, which didn't make any sense. So ash being Ash decided to jump out of bed and explore.

He walked up to the first window and pushed the blinds to one side. It looked out onto the entrance of the hospital. It was nigh time so nothing could be seen. He closed the blinds and walked towards the other window. It seemed to be tinted, however as he got close the visuals became clearer.

It looked out onto the long and dusty corridors of the hospital. One light flickered at the end of the hallway, and Ash could have sworn he saw ice slowly creep onto nearby light. He was now feeling cold, and so rubbed his arms in order to generate heat through friction. He then spotted a girl with a blue shirt and red dress. His heart beat became faster as he realised it was her, but her eyes looked cold and lifeless. However he got even more cold and started to rub his hands more frequently.

It wasn't working, he turned towards the door and saw it was open and a figure standing there, he could not see anything as all lights were off now. It was just a silhouette.

"Who is there?"Ash said, his tone very commanding.

"Ash, what are you doing out of bed the doctor specifically said to take rest!" The figure entered the room, it was Serena. At first Ash was taken aback, that it was Serena. And secondly when did the doctor tell him that? He had only been awake a few minutes earlier.

"Um, he did?" Ash asked.

"Yes? You were awake and you were talking to us! Don't you remember?" Serena asked.

"Sorry no... I don't even recall getting to the hospital. I just remember passing out! Wait in that case did I win the battle?" Ash asked, determined to know the answer. But Serena didn't respond she was just staring at Ash.

Ash walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"DIE"

Serena's body transformed and into something Ash couldn't describe. It had some form of malformation and instant disgust. He was left speechless. The being touched Ash's face.

"Boo"

Horrifying images of last years events played through Ash's head and he screamed in pain. His head was throbbing with pain and the touch was so cold he could feel all of his happiness escaping. It felt as if he would never be happy again.

"Ash!"

Ash could hear the deep voice.

"Ash!"
"Ash!"

The voice got less deeper. It kept on getting less deeper until Ash recognises the voice.

"Ash wake up!" Ash's eyes shot open and he saw Serena's ocean blue eyes staring into his eyes. Next thing he knew Serena engulfed him in a tight hug.

"Ash honestly you are one of the craziest boys! Just please be careful and not reckless! It scares me when your in this kind of state." Serena said without a stop for oxygen.

"It didn't kill me so don't worry about me... I mean no one ever does anyway" I mumbled to myself but it was audible to Serena as she was on my chest.

"What do you mean by that Ash?" Serena asked. She released herself from the hug and stared at him in concern. Ash gave no response but just stared down.

"Ash I'm going to look after you until you recover and that's the final decision" Serena said sternly. For a moment Ash was happy, a sense of being in someone's care came back but he didn't know what his family would think.