Thanks, Mom.

Hello again friends! I got a request from chloevenus for some sick Annabeth and the lady that doesn't deserve any of this, Sally Jackson! I'm going to see what I can do with this and hopefully it doesn't turn out awful. I really hope this is what you wanted! Also, does anybody actually read this part, or do you just skip straight to the story? Asking for a friend. Let me know what you think in the comments and feel free to send me any prompts or ideas you might have to add to my ever growing to-write list.

Annabeth never got sick. As in, she was never actually sick enough to make her take a day off from her internship at an architectural firm in Manhattan. However, her body decided to betray her the day after Percy left with Grover, Jason, Frank, and Leo on a "Boy's Trip." Annabeth wasn't exactly sure what "Boy's Trip" meant; but she made sure to tell Percy that if he died, she would have Hades bring him back to life and would kill him again herself. 

So here Annabeth was. She was on the couch in the apartment she shared with Percy, wearing her biggest sweater, swaddled in a blanket, and sipping on a mug of hot tea. Annabeth normally sneered at anything that wasn't coffee, but her throat felt so swollen and her mouth felt so dry that she had stolen some of Percy's mint tea to try and alleviate the pain without making herself even more stir crazy than she already was.

Annabeth closed her eyes and rubbed her temples as the headache she had been nursing for at least two hours once again reared it's head. She shivered despite the her layers and the thermostat that was turned up to seventy-five degrees. She reached for a book that sat on the coffee table in front of her. It was something by John Greene. Annabeth would never admit this to someone who wasn't Percy Jackson, but she was a romantic at heart.

Reading was apparently not happening. After the first ten pages Annabeth closed the book and groaned, which only exacerbated her sore throat. It was hard enough to focus when she wasn't sick, but she had reread the same page four times trying to absorb what was happening with the characters.

Annabeth's ears perked up at a knock on the door. She hadn't been expecting anyone. She stood up on wobbly legs and  wrapped the blanket tightly around her shoulders. 

Annabeth opened the door to find Sally Jackson smiling from the other side. Upon seeing Annabeth's current state of being, however, Sally's smile faltered.

"I wasn't sure if you'd be home. I came by to see if you might want to have a girl's day since the Percy is with his friends, but you look like you'll fall over any second."

"It's just a cold, I'm fine." Annabeth's voice immediately gave her away.

"That doesn't sound like just a cold. Oh sweetie, you're shivering. Let's close the door." Sally stepped in out of the brisk December weather and closed the door behind her.

"Go sit down. You look like you're about to pass out." Sally ushered Annabeth to the couch. In all honesty, Annabeth was relieved to be sitting again.

"Why did Percy leave if you were this sick?"

"He didn't. I woke up like this. He doesn't even know."

"I'm sure he'd want to come home and be with you."

"No. I don't want to ruin his trip. He never gets to go out and have fun anymore."

"Hmmph. Fine. I'm going to stay and take care of you though."

"Sally, really-"

"Nope. No arguing. Now you march yourself to bed and I'll be in to check on you in a minute."

Annabeth opened her mouth to argue that Sally should go home and be with Paul, but Sally fixed her with a look that could rival Athena. Annabeth shuffled to her and Percy's room and crawled under the comforter. She hadn't realized how tired she was, when Sally came to check on her a few minutes later she was already asleep.