Two.

"Fallon!" My fathers roar shook the house.

I'd already made it home and tended to the few scrapes and bruises the fight had dealt me. I was hoping I hadn't been there long enough for another member to notice me but.. clearly not. I sighed and tossed my ruined shirt into the trash and tugged on another before going down the stairs.

I saw my father first, his eye flashing as he tried to control his anger. My mother was next to him.

"She thought she was helping-" my mother was saying.

I was surprised, it sounded like she was defending me... until she continued.

"-given it was a foolish and reckless decision. I'm appalled by her behavior, you'd think I would've gotten her to act as real women do by now."

"What she was doing was trying to get herself killed," my father growled back. "After I gave her a direct order to stay here and watch her sisters."

They finally looked up when I reached the bottom step. My father shrugged my mom away from him and crossed his arms.

"What the hell were you thinking? Cole said he saw you at the fight."

I threw a sharp glare at my brother, who ducked his head sheepishly.

"I was defending my pack," I replied coolly, crossing my arms as well.

My mother sighed, knowing another fight was about to start. My father and I butted heads all of the time. It was a weekly occurrence (quickly becoming a daily one) for us to start yelling.

"I told you to watch your sisters!" He took a step closer.

"Nadine is 17! She can watch Charlotte and Mabel as well! And Cole was out there fighting! I'm 21, I should be able to fight for my pack just like him."

"But you can't!"

"Why? Because I'm female? You know I have trained just as much and hard as Cole has. I am just as if not more capable to fight and defend myself. Being female does not make me weak and I will not let you deny me basic pack duties because of out dated traditions and rules!" I clenched my fists so hard I felt my nails dig into my palms and start to bleed.

My father closed his eyes, taking a deep breath through his nose to calm himself.

"I am the Alpha of this pack, Fallon. I do what is best for them. Those out dated traditions are what have kept us alive-"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"-and I will not change them for you. And when I die, Cole becomes leader- not you! It does not matter if you're my firstborn, the rules are it goes to the next male."

I gritted my teeth and looked at my mother, "How can you just stand to the side? You are the Luna! Luna's are the alphas equal in every way and yet you stand by like a trophy for him."

She narrowed her eyes at me and curled her lip back. "I trust your father more than my desire for equality, Fallon. He's right about the traditions, they've kept this pack alive for thousands of years."

"I don't give a shit! Killing humans used to keep us alive as well but we don't do that anymore either. Times change and we should as well." I turned and stomped up the stairs, ignoring my fathers yell for me to stay.

I slammed my door shut behind me and dragged my fingers through my hair. I looked over to the mirror and saw my dark eyes glaring back. I groan and drop onto my bed.

I finally thought back to the fight, that final rogue. How could a rogue be my mate? Was this some sick trick from the moon goddess?

I stood up again and went to my bathroom to wash my face and shower off any leftover grime caked to my skin from the fight.