Five.

It felt like I had just closed my eyes when my alarm went off. I lurched up, confused for only a moment before I scrambled out of bed to get dressed in warm layers. I combed my fingers through my hair quickly and even used a bit of powder on my face. For... reasons of course.

I brushed my teeth once more before sneaking out of my window. My heart was pounding as I stalked silently across the yard, repeatedly glancing at my parents window for any lights.

I decided in that moment I definitely needed to move out. There were plenty of apartments in the territory.

I trotted through the forest at a languid pace, going over what I'd ask. I lingered in the trees once I arrived, calming the ache in my stomach from anxiety before shifting and edging out into the clearing.

There was no sign of Rowen, not even a whiff of his scent. I checked my watch and saw I still had a few minutes until two. So I sat in the dead and brittle grass to wait.

As the minutes ticked by I grew impatient and laid back in the frost bitten grass and stared at the swirl of stars in the dark sky. I checked my watch, seeing he was already three minutes late I decided to give him one more or I left. For real this time. I was so engrossed in my thoughts I didn't here the soft foot steps of his arrival. The second his scent caressed my nose I stiffened and sat up immediately.

He was sitting Indian style just a few feet from me with a grin on his lips. I sat up and mirrored his position, our knees now just inches apart.

He licked his lips, throat bobbing as his eyes flitted over me before fixing firmly on my face. He swallowed again and I got a tang of nervousness on his scent as I examined him.

"Hello, mate," I acknowledged it immediately. There was no beating around the bush needed.

His entire body shuddered at the title. His eyes flashed and his fists clenched by his sides.

"Mate. You waited for me," he rasped and smiled softly.

I couldn't help the flood of warmth through my chest. What a traitor my body was.

"I have some questions for you. I need them answered so I had no choice but to wait, " I said, resting my hands on my knees.

His eyes became guarded but he nodded for me to go on.

"Why are your rogues attacking my pack?" I kept my face neutral.

"Why is your pack attacking my rogues?" He fired back.

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed. "We have not attacked you once. Your group of outcasts are the ones starting the fights."

He snorted and dragged his fingers through his hair, making it even more of a mess. I realized that though Rowen may be my mate, he held the title of the Leader of Rogues. And maybe our bond would not be enough to stop him from using me against my pack.

"You're the alphas daughter and yet you know nothing of his... plans," he didn't say it in a condescending tone, but in one of confusion.

"Who's plans?" I had a good guess who he was talking about.

"Your father."

Ding ding ding!

"My father keeps business and family very, very separate," I responded, not a full answer.

Rowen licked his lips and dragged a hand through his dark hair again. He let loose a long sigh, fixing his intense stare on me before speaking.

"Your father has a group of elite fighters within your pack. They hold no rank and they aren't seen by the other pack members. As far as we're aware, only he and the Beta know. You've just proved our suspicions."