Six.

It was like a village, small but very impressive. I could feel Rowens eyes on me as I stepped further into it. The buildings were either stone or wood with dark green roofs. The streets were made of neatly packed gravel bordered by large rocks.

"Welcome to Elpís," Rowen said proudly.

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

It was currently empty, the inhabitants tucked into their small cabins and asleep. There was the occasional late night walker or wolf out for a trot in the moonlight. They would all nod to Rowen respectfully, but with warm expressions; nothing like the forced fearful nods my father would get.

"How? Wouldn't my father have destroyed this place?" I looked at him.

"No one knows of it," He responded. "If we are chased we lead them the opposite way to a maze of tunnels that we lose them in."

I swallowed and looked away from his hopeful gaze. I had no idea what to really expect from Rogues, but this was the last thing I would've imagined. I pictured them living in filthy caves and constantly plotting the murder of pack members. Maybe even being desperate cannibals.

Not once had I thought of a prosperous mountain village of outcasts just trying to survive the attacks my father ordered.

"Thank you," I turned around to face Rowen. "For showing me this. For trusting me with it."

A soft grin spread across his face and I could've sworn a light blush tinged his cheeks. His bashfulness made a reluctant smile spread across my face.

"You're my mate, you deserved to see this," the blush on his cheeks darkened.

I felt my cheeks warm as well.

Rowen definitely wasn't what I was used to as an alpha, even a disgraced one. He was hardly domineering and had yet to say 'mine'. All of which I was perfectly content with.

Mates definitely were a perfect match. I smiled at this, before chastising myself. This would never happen, not when my father could find out. I would sooner reject him than put him in that kind of danger.

I didn't mention any of this. After all, Rowen seemed too happy and it would be a shame to ruin a peaceful moment like this. He walked closely to me, so close our shoulders kept bumping as he gave a tour of the town. He didn't try moving and I didn't either. I enjoyed the small bits of contact that shot warmth through my entire body.

He walked me around until I remembered I'd need to be back home soon. It was already almost four now and I needed to hurry since my father would be up at five. Rowen had done an awkward little move that resembled a hug and handshake in one, mumbling a goodbye into my hair.

Since he'd smothered me in his scent I'd have to shower again so my father wouldn't pick up on it. I probably would have to try to conceal it before I even set foot in the house.

Which I was outside of now, hands stuffed into my pockets as I crept across the lawn. I had rubbed against several trees in an attempt to lose Rowens scent but his warm cinnamon and pine aroma clung to my clothes.

I was in the middle of climbing up towards my window when the light in the hall clicked on. I held my breath, staring at that window with wide eyes. I stiffened when a silhouette strolled in and out of sight.

My father.

I clenched my teeth nervously as I carefully inched up the support pole to the roof of the porch, which I would walk up and be at my window. I stopped frequently, staring intensely at the window before deeming it safe and continuing.

It took me at least five minutes to actually get to my window and another five to open it enough to where I could squeeze through.

Werewolves have heightened senses even in human form. So when I say it took me five minutes to open the window so my father wouldn't hear, I mean it. And yes, it took me another five to close it.

I locked my door before changing out of the Rowen scented clothes and into the shower. When I got out I put on a baggy long sleeve and shorts.

I debated tossing the Rowen scented clothes in the hamper... but sometimes my mother would come through and actually do laundry. Not only that, but the scent would spread to my other clothes.

I sighed, snatching them up and walking to my sink. I stuffed them in, turned on the tap, and dumped hand soap all over in hopes it'd be strong enough.

This'll have to do for now.

If you're wondering why the towns name is Elpís, look no further!

Elpís is the Greek word for hope. This town is the Rogues only hope in surviving. I honestly had no idea how to casually bring this up in the story so..

Elpís is also a Greek goddess, the personification and spirit of hope. She is the child of Nyx, the goddess of Night.