[Season One] Ep. 01

1F HEADON'S FLOOR

1F HEADON'S FLOOR

"Annlai!"

I jumped up to my feet at the sound of my name. Tightening my grip on my book in one hand, I reached down with the other to grab the basket that was filled with a few bread loaves just a few hours ago, before breaking into a sprint.

I raced through the never ending cave, my boots making a clacking sound on the cold stone floor.

Before long, I spotted the bright glow of light a few meters away from me. I quickened my pace, breaths coming out in short pants. I finally reached the light, my legs slowing down as I skidded to a stop.

"How many times have I told you to stay close to here?"

My head snapped up and I immediately straightened my posture and dusted off my skirt. "I got home, didn't I?" I defended myself. "Plus, how could I possibly get lost here?"

Nami sighed, shaking her head. "Someday you'll wander off too far, and you won't be able to hear me calling your name." She whispered so quietly I almost didn't catch it. Nami took my basket from my hands, setting it down on a makeshift table of a large, flat rock.

I wasn't sure what she meant by that, but I knew I had made her worry, so I had to apologize. "Sorry, I'll stay closer next time."

Nami nodded, before handing me a bowl of soup. I thanked her before sitting down and starting my dinner.

Nami Riole was basically a mother to me. She wasn't my real mother, but she definitely felt like one. She taught me everything I know. She found me in this dark place when I was just a tiny infant, and has cared for me ever since. Whenever I ask her about my biological parents, she just says that it's not her story to tell.

The only clue I have about my past is my name. Nami said that when she took me in, I already had one. That's why my name is one of the most precious things in my life. Annlai was the name given to me by my mother, and Lynn, my surname, was also my moms. I have no clue about my dad though, since Nami wouldn't tell me anything else.

I finished off my meal before making my way to my sleeping bag on the ground, throwing myself onto it. I stared up at the tiny glow in the dark stars plastered onto the ceiling.

Nami told me many stories and legends. The most interesting one was about the tower.

Legend says that their is a tower, where magical beings live. They say that the worthy ones are chosen to climb the tower, and if they reach the top, the can get whatever their heart desires. I heard that at the very top, there is a sky full of bright stars at night, and in the day, the sky is blue. And when morning comes, a beautiful golden sun will ascend the sky and give light and warmth to the people below.

In this dreadful cave, there is no sun, no sky. There is only darkness. We don't know whether it's day or night, but Nami has a time device that she created to tell us when to sleep so we can gain enough energy each 'day'. She also kept track of the days we've been here, so I know that I'm currently about 14 years old.