19 - A Letter from a New Mom: I May Struggle, but this is What Makes Me Strong

To my beautiful daughter,

Before you came into my life, I honestly thought I already had it all figured out. In a lot of ways, I was lucky; almost everything went according to plan. I found a stable job, traveled, bought whatever I wanted, and waited until I was ready to settle down. But little did I know that my real adventure was just beginning. In the months after you were born, I quickly learned that becoming a mother means embracing the unpredictable. And as scary as it is, I have never been more excited for what's to come.

And so, here I am today, preparing you for the world I've come to know differently since you arrived. Suddenly, my career isn't just my passion anymore but the foundation of our future, and I admit that sometimes, the pressure to give us a perfect life gets to me. But I realized life isn't meant to be perfect—it's meant to be lived. So I will let you in on a little secret: Failure will come whether you think you deserve it or not, but as long as you don't stop trying, those late nights and early mornings will eventually pay off.

Motherhood, like any job, isn't always glamorous. Nine times out of ten, my hair is a mess, I get stains on my clothes and I still have to find time to make it to my next meeting looking polished and prepared. I still get stressed with missed deadlines and unexpected overtime, and there are often overwhelming moments where it feels impossible to get anything done. But at the end of each day, I come home knowing I have you. And that will always be enough. No one was more surprised than I was at how much I've changed since I met you, but what a great feeling it is, to get to know who I am now and see all that I can do. Yes, in a lot of ways, I'm still the same woman I used to be. But that woman is now a mom, and here I am living this life for two.

I may not have all the time I want for myself, and sometimes I wonder if I'll be able to give you enough. There are still days when I come home wanting to scream into my pillow just to let it all out. But by the time morning comes, even on my worst days, I see your face and I know I am still grateful.

I always thought happiness meant being able to do whatever I wanted—but I was wrong. Happiness comes when you find your purpose. And until you've struggled, you won't really know what you are willing to fight for. While I sometimes still fear the challenges life will bring, I know that every little step will teach me to become the mother you deserve. I can't wait.

Love,

Mom

Letter found at: https://www.femalenetwork.com/relationships/a-letter-from-a-new-mom-i-may-struggle-but-this-is-what-makes-me-strong-adv-adv-con