Part One_Chapter 4

Hey, JavaKatt here! It has been an interesting week. I'm trying to keep up with my Science Fair work, but it's a lot to handle. Anyways, it's the weekend now, so you can expect a few updates in the next couple of days. Also, if you're reading this story and you actually think it's decent, I need a small bit of le advice. How many chapters should I put in one part of my story? If you could comment your opinion on this, it would be very helpful.

Anemone sighed. She didn't know where to start. Turtle put his wing over hers, which helped a little bit.

"Well... I've been having these weird... thoughts." She said quietly.

"About what?" Turtle asked her.

"Um. About... someone." She responded vaguely.

"Oh", Turtle said simply, "Do they... bother you?"

"Err... sort of. I mean, I randomly start thinking about her. At... random times. It's weird." Anemone said, probably sounding as weird as she felt.

"Her? Oh, Kinkajou told me about this." He said.

"What? Told you about what? I haven't talked to anyone about this... thing." Anemone said, completely confused.

"Hmm... well, have you had any... feelings, along with the thoughts you've had about this dragon?" He asked her, his tail touching the surface of the lake.

"Well yeah, but the feelings are just as weird and unexplainable as the random thoughts!" She said angrily.

"Hey Anemone, it's Tamarin that you're talking about, right?" Turtle asked her quietly. She stared at him for a few seconds.

"How did you know that? Please tell me that you're not a mind reader Turtle."

"No, no, I promise I can't read minds, but Kinkajou told me... that you... well... that you LIKE Tamarin."

Anemone felt very weird. She wrinkled her snout.

"But... no I... I don't... I haven't... I haven't really thought about it like that." But realization was washing over her like a tidal wave.

"No... no I don't like her... not like THAT... do I?" She said shakily. "Turtle... no... I CAN'T. That makes NO SENSE. It's WEIRD."

"It's not weird", he said softly, "It's fine if you like her."

"But... Turtle I'm so confused. How do I DO anything about that? And she won't ever like ME. Not like that anyway..." She said, her wings drooping.

"Actually, she might like you. She let you guide her through the caves but she only growled when I tried to help her." Turtle said with a short laugh. Anemone was slightly happier after hearing this, and she allowed herself to have a tiny sliver of hope.

"You really think she might? One day?" She asked.

"Definitely." Turtle stated with confidence.

"But Turtle... How do I even TALK to her? I just realised that I might... like her... but now I'll have no idea what to SAY to her." She said.

"I'll help you. And all you have to do is be yourself." Turtle answered her.

"Oh", Anemone said, suddenly smirking, "Is that true for you and KINKAJOU?"

"What- well... I... uh..." Turtle stuttered.

"RELAX kelp face. I'm joking!" She said, laughing. Finally, she had figured her feelings out, but she was way too scared to admit them to anyone else. She would work any feelings she had out by herself, and THEN she might actually do something about them. She wasn't sure what, but she knew it involved talking to Tamarin... probably alone, and she wasn't quite ready for that. In the meantime, while she figured things out, she would just try to be friends with Tamarin. Then she might be able to talk to her and see is maybe an actual... relationship was possible. The thought of that made Anemone's heart feel all fluttery. But it also scared her. She'd had crushes on other dragons, but only stupid or fake crushes that made no sense or would never work out. She had never been in an actual relationship before. Also, if her mom, Queen Coral, ever found out about this, Anemone didn't know WHAT she would do. Probably go into hysterics and freak out and blow up every female dragon Anemone's age in the entire Kingdom.

"Thanks Turtle." She said.

"No problem. I'm always ready to listen." He answered.

"Right, so thanks for being a literal anti-social turtle." She said jokingly.

"Hmm. I should probably work on that." He responded as they walked out of the cave together, laughing.