Prelude

It was a sunny day at the beginning of the summer vacations. The twins had been living in Gravity Falls with their parents in their own house, courtesy of the Northwests, ever since their fateful summer four years ago. Dipper and Pacifica began a friendship that summer which, by the end of it, their friendship became a young romantic relationship. In addition, Mabel's multiple attempts to be friends with the heiress bore their fruits and the two girls became best friends. Now, Dipper, Mabel and Pacifica were just a few months from being seventeen years old at the end of that summer vacations, and they couldn't be any happier.

Dipper, Mabel and Pacifica were testing the new hole they had added to their own personal mini-golf court they had built themselves years ago in the backyard of the Mystery Shack. Whenever they were bored at school, the two girls made use of their artistic abilities to design new holes ideas in a notebook, and when Dipper, who was who built them later, gave the sketches his approval, they got to work.

"Alright." Dipper stood up and dusted his shorts. "It's ready. Give it a try."

The hole wasn't a complicated one. It had rained a few days ago, and they had made use of a small mound of grass and dirt that was surrounded by a puddle of mud for their hole. Firstly, there were several Stan Bobbleheads forming a trail. Then there was a small cardboard bridge over the puddle, and finally the hole rested on top of the small islet-looking hill.

Mabel dropped her red golf ball at the start of the hole and stood next to it.

"Do the hip wiggle and eh!"

She swung her golf club and hit the ball. The red ball bumped strategically into the bobbleheads, ran over the cardboard bridge and stopped a mere inch from scoring a hole in one.

"That was awesome, Mabel! You almost beat the hole in your first try!" Dipper praised his sister's skills at mini-golf, and wondered how she had failed trigonometry at school while she was so proficient in mini-golf.

"If you think that was good, wait until you see a professional, Dork." Pacifica smiled smugly and put on a white glove on her right hand.

Mabel bowed at her with a hint of mockery and stepped aside to let the heiress stand at the start of the hole. Pacifica stuck her tongue out at the brunette and both girls giggled.

After they had buried their rivalry years ago and found out how many things they had in common, Mabel and Pacifica had become practically sisters. They designed clothes together, Mabel doing sweaters and Pacifica dresses, they loved the same boy bands, the heiress had an especial appreciation for whatever the brunette cooked and, of course, they enjoyed playing mini-golf together.

Dipper stared at their interactions with a happy smile. The first thing that had worried him years ago when he had begun dating Pacifica was how Mabel would react. Mabel, however, took it all but badly. The cheerful brunette bounced at the idea of her brother having his first romance and tried to help in any possible way, getting the couple into some embarrassing situations rather than helping them in more than one occasion, but they eventually got used to it and enjoyed her fun and weirdness, forming a most unusual trio of friends.

Pacifica dropped her purple ball and stood next to it with her eyes closed in concentration. Dipper's eyes examined her form in fascination, beginning on her long blonde hair that reached her hips, and continuing to her purple polo shirt with the Northwest monogram on the right side of her chest. He stopped there for a second, admiring how the fabric clung to her mounds and gave her chest a most entrancing sight. His eyes continued downwards to her white mini-skirt, following it to her bare knees and ending on her socks. Dipper's mind came up with the image of Pacifica wearing only those socks and he blushed red as he pushed those thoughts away. His favorite moment was about to happen, so he raised his gaze up to her closed eyes and awaited.