Brazil

If you want to share or request something the comment section is yours 😌😏😎😎

DID YOU KNOW?

Human settlement in Brazil is thought to have begun at least 32,000 years ago.

Brazil is the world’s fifth largest countryby both population (approximately 210 million) and geographical area (3,287,597 square miles). It borders every other South American nation, barring Ecuador and Chile, and makes up 47 per cent of the continent.

Brazil boasts the seventh largest economy in the world, just behind the UK and just ahead of Russia. Canada is number 11.

Brazil was a Portuguese colony for over 300 years and gained its independence in 1822.

The Portuguese spoken in Brazil is evidently most similar to that spoken in the 16th century.

Brazil produce large quantities of iron ore but also copper, gold and diamonds.

Brazil is self-sufficient in energy.

Brazil and West Africa were once attached but were broken apart by plate tectonics. Notice how they fit together on a map.

There are 13 cities with more than one million people in Brazil.

Sao Paulo has over 11 million residents and Rio de Janeiro over six million.

Brazil lies in South America, a flight from London/UK takes roughly 11.5 hours and from New York/USA a flight takes 9.5 hours. 

Brazil's highest mountain is the 'Pico de Neblina' and is 2994 m high.

Brazil is home to some fascinating mammals, such as armadillos, tapirs, jaguars and pumas.

The Amazon is home to many fish species, also the piranha. Also the colourful toucans are live in Brazil.

Brazil was not only the host country for the Soccer Worldcup 2014, but also for the Olympic Games in 2016.

Sugar and cotton were Brazil’s main exports in the colonial era, and joining them in the nineteenth century were hides, rubber, and coffee.

By 1900, Brazil had accounted for more than one-half of the world’s coffee production, as late as the 1920s coffee still constituted 75% of Brazil’s exports.

J apologize for not updating for a long time, but I have been having really hard semester. If you want to share or request something the comment is yours

                          ☆Salam☆Peace☆