lovely - tw

WARNING! THIS CONTAINS SOMEONE TRYING TO COMMIT SUICIDE! ALSO INCLUDES MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION!

'~~~~~~°~~~~~~'

''you say things with your mouth , cobwebs and flies come out''

'~~~~~~°~~~~~~'

Keith sighed as he checked his messages again , seeing it empty made his heart drop . he can't let lance do this . not ever . even if they were rivals , Keith was going to befriend lance in a way no one though would happen in order to save lance .

keith got off his bed , putting on his boots as fast as he could to get to lance . the blue eyed starstruck lover boy keith called him once . both had blushed and giggled it off .

''luckily I can read your mind , cobwebs and flies unwind''

but now keith meant it . the way lance loved the stars , the way he blushed , the way he would dance , the way he would stare lovingly into the night sky made keith's heart ache with love . but he knew that lance's heart belonged to the bright stars in the night sky , and not the empty black void keith was .

''they will not drag you down , they will not cast you out''

lance was ready . his note was laid on his night stand , decorated with blue sparkaly hearts , the words inside the complete opposite of what the outside proceeded it to be . the words that were neatly written on the inside were far more gruesome than anyone would expect .

lance sighed as he held the string in his hands . it was a baby blue decorative string - it was meant for beautiful balls and gorgeous decorations , not for killing . it didn't deserve lance's blood on it . he slowly tied it around his neck , breathing in and out as his anxiety built inside of him .

was he really going to do this? yes . he was going to . no one needed him . no one needed his flirty comments or his terrible jokes . allura didn't like him . nor did shiro . hunk had drifted away from him for shay . pidge didn't really take an interest in him . and keith . . . he never really saw the real lance .

''your redemption won't grow stale , we are now just setting sail''

keith hurried along as fast as his legs could take him across the dark and ominous streets of chicago . the street lights were on , most of them broken or only shining a small amount of light . keith didn't mind as he sprinted his way to lance's place , his time running out . in no way was keith letting lance get away with this . not at all .

he didn't let the harsh and cold weather slow him down as he made his journey to lance's house . it was coming into view , the pastel blue paint peeling and the white accents fading into the brick . the lawn still had the forget-me-nots and the carnations keith had gifted lance on valentines day . he was huffing and puffing as he swung the door open , making a loud bang noise echo through the house .

''lance?! lance can you hear me!? don't do this!'' keith yelled as he tried to figure out where lance's room was . he finally found it , and saw lance stood up , a baby blue string wrapped around his neck . keith reached forward and tried to break the string off , lance yelling and screaming for him to stop and let him be .

''on the seas of what we fear , treason now is coming near to me''

lance was now on his bed , crying and sobbing as keith held him in his arms while he listened and let lance ramble on about his problems . at the end , lance said ''don't leave me mullet . don't ever leave me.'' keith promised he would never leave .

and he kept that promise

''I'm coming clean . . . god hit me straight on , god hit me straight on , god hit me straight on''

after that day the two grew closer and closer and fell in love . both confessed under a misotle in Christmas as they were about to give each others gifts . they both blushed red as the house seemed to be filled with other people chattering amongst themselves . all the others in their group had Christmas with their families . but lance and keith were more than family . they were boyfriends .

they loved each other so much that they would die for each other . they blushed whenever they touched each other or compliment one another . it was great . so amazing and full of love .

until disaster struck again .

''won't you stay alive? I'll take you on a ride , I will make you believe you are lovely''

keith had returned from buying Chinese take out . he called out for lance , but no response . keith called again . no response . he headed towards their room as he was greeted with a horrifying scene . keith has tears stream down his face as he stared at a dead lance with the same note he had written from his last attempt .

keith read the note , sobbing and crying . lance broke his promise . he left keith . but keith had stayed with him since the day keith saw him try to end it . he never got to say how lovely lance was .