otters and hippos

hmnngggg trying not to cut

| ••• |

lance and the gang were visiting the zoo, pidge and hunk in the marsh area, allura and coran in the reptile area, and shiro wondering off in the asia section.

lance and keith were heading together into the water area, something along the lines of flooded something. but keith dragged them there to try and find the hippos.

"dude, the hippos are so scary, why do you like them so much?"
"they're like me -- misunderstood"
"yeah yeah, whatever..."

but instead they stumbled across otters, and lance ran up to the glass. he had his mouth open, gasping at all the otters.

"uh... lance..?"
"shhhh let me have a moment"

lance discovered a tube that lead through the water, where the otters were swimming and hanging around. keith followed after, but the tune was meant for kids and definitely not eighteen year olds.

"look!"

lance and keith gasped as the otters came towards them in the tiny tube. they all made cute little noises and were looking at the males as if they were in a zoo, not keith and lance.

"wow..."
"my god lance, are otters your favorite animal?!"
"yes!"

they laughed, and then some kid pushed them (as lance recalls, but keith says he just fell), making keith bump his head and fall on lance.

it seemed like no one was there, thankfully.

so of course, what do two straight males do in a situation like this?

have a make out session, of course.

this was going on a lot, just making out and kissing, but they didnt want to... go forwards with it.

they left the water area to go and look for the hippos in the africa section.

| • |

"look!"

keith then ran towards the giant hippo enclosure, smiling with glee as he got closer.

with lance behind him, keith could smile freely as the hippos were close to him between the wood fence.

lance reached keith, but he didnt stop smiling. hell, he smiled widely.

"my god, hippos?!?"
"yes, otter boy"

lance scoffed, and pushed the slightly shorter male. keith shoved him hard, making lance almost fall into the moat that separated them from the hippos (apart from the fence).

"jeez, such a cluzt"
"s - shut up!"

they decided that after the hippos, they'd go and eat.

but they ended up in the otter enclosure once more to kiss.

and damn were they as beautiful as the otters.