One Girl for Different Means

Aura stayer in her bed the rest of the day, too embarrassed to face anyone. It alwas about 9:30 at night, the moon full in the sky and shining down on Aura. As the night set in, her eyes slowly began to close. Sleep overtook her, now leaving her in a lulled trance.

The image of sleeping Aura appeared on her majesty's magic wall. "Hmm. She sure is delicate. But very compassionate about her dreams. She deserves better. Elias, bring her to me." A boy of the same age of Aura, looked at his queen and nodded.

Aura remained asleep, her breaths soft. As she slept, a shadow began to crawl and smother the corner. Eyes of bronze and silver looked at the peaceful girl. As the shadow grew to the cieling, the boy formed from the dark and went to Aura's bedside. "Hm. Small favor." Elias studied her. Her features, her dreams, her fears, everything. "I can't take her yet. It'll be too soon." He said, smoothing her hair back then traveled through the shadows to one of the raftors. There he sat and looked down upon Aura. No one could see him for he was well hidden.

"Oh no. She mustn't be taken by my sister.. She'll destroy her." The Sugar Plum Princess, Claire, walked down her pink icy hallway. "Odette??!!" She called, looking for her trusty friend. "Yes?" Asked the Swan Queen. "Please go rescue this girl.." Claire showed her the image of Aura. Odette smiled as she could see the ambitions of this girl. But.. Above the castle the sky grew of dark and blizzard like clouds. Claire and Odette gasped as they looked up to see the black chariette being pulled by dark pegasi.

Claire looked at Odette and handed her her snowflake necklace. "Take this and fly away, take to Aura and come back." Odette looked at her friend, worried and afriad. "Please Odette!" She said and looked as her sister appeared in the middle of the courtyard. Odette nodded and changed form as quickly as she could and flew away. The snowflake necklace in her mouth.

The Queen approached her Sugar Plum sister. "Well well, Claire. You think sending out your pet bird is going to save that girl?? I'm sorry my dearest sister. But my servant Elias has already made plans for her." The Queen laughed and grabbed her sister by the throat. Claire had nothing to say as she glared at her sister. "You, will no longer rule this land." The Queen tightened her grasp and her sister turned to stone. A look of fear, permanently frozen on her face.

The queen smiled and turned to the guard, which had formed from the shadows after executing the other guards. "Make preparation of my coronation, as Queen, of all the land of Parthenia." She demanded, and the guards ran to do their job. The Queen looked up at her dark clouds. Throwing her pale hands in the air, dark and cold magic flew from her hands and created a storm barrier above the castle. The Queen, feeling triumphant and ruling, laughed in great evil joy.